Minitel

Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Minitel

Good morning all you tecnical wizards out there!

This.....

Votre accès Minitel
du 01/08/2011 au 31/08/2011
C o n n e x io n s 1 appel(s);1mn21s - 0,99 19,60% 1,18
3617 ou 083628 (0.017€HT/appel; 0.719€HT/mn)

has appeared on my Orange bill. Can anyone enlighten me?

Have a great day all..

I've just discovered, via Google, how to disable Minitel. As I really have no idea what it is, should I do that?

Last edited by smithyandlisa; Sep 14th 2011 at 8:15 am.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:06 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minitel

Hi, I didn't realise that Minitel existed still!
Some one must have made a short phone call to the 4-figure or 08... number in August, but why classify it as Minitel is a mystery to me.
I'd disable it ASAP, before you get more expensive surprizes!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by smithyandlisa

3617 used to be the access code to the more expensive Minitel services; you used to have to dial it up from the phone or type it in from the Minitel keyboard to get a connection. I believe France Télécom is phasing out the Minitel, if they haven't already done so. So the 0836 number must be that of the previous Minitel (rose?) site.
Those were the days....
PB
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Well thanks guys.

I have absolutely no idea how it came to be on my bill. Neither of us has knowingly dialled any such number.

For for such a small amount I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to call and query it. (My French is good.... but not that good!)

Oh well, on with the disabling then.