Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Microlight Flying

Wikiposts

Microlight Flying

Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Microlight Flying

Thanks MilleF. It is nice to hear from someone in the same line of work, wishing to do the same thing, with the experience and knowledge of flying. It isn't all aout llterature, whichIhave to sayis quite limited, when experience comes down to alot of things. I will maybe speak to them as well.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:02 pm
FSH
Just Joined

FSH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MillieF
It is much easier to be a privat pilot in France than the UK. I started my PPL in France, and am going to finish it here in Canada. The French are, in general, incredibly supportive of private pilots. My husband who is a commerercial pilot wanted to do exactly what you propose, but for various reasons we needed to move. Try to contact Angers Marce Airport, this is the commercial airport serving Angers, but they have a big separate ULM school there - they were always most helpful to us, and would at least point you in the right direction. As a matter of interest there is also a FANTASTIC small museum there, it is packed full of info and aircraft in various stages of restoration....well worth a deviation if you happen to be in Pays de la Loire.
I made my PPL in Canada and although my medical is expired and I havent flown in a long time I could reactivate it I guess. But in order to fly in France would the canadian license be accepted??? We plan on moving to the Auch region which has a small airport. I assume that the language they use on air traffic for the small planes is french???? That would be the biggest hurdle for me...
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FSH
which has a small airport.
Ah, the joys of sitting out in the garden, several miles away from the flight path to the "small airport" at Toussus le Noble, south of Versailles. On a warm sunny weekend evening l'apéro would somehow always coincide with the arrival of the drones, that would seemingly spend hours queuing up to land, with their motor-mower engines to which apparently no one had thought to fit silencers, providing a gentle accompaniment to the idle banter between friends. The excruciatingly slow speed and the racket from the said light aircraft meant that often one had to give up all thought of a 'quiet' drink outside. Any mild protest would always be met with the usual "Ah but the flight path doesn't go over St Rémy." Perhaps not, but flying lawn-mowers over a valley means that the noise is amplified and reverberates across it. The odd diverted 747 flying overhead was far easier to cope with than an armada of Cessnas or whatever.
How often did some people think, "Now where did I leave that Kalashnikov?"
Only kidding.
This post should be entitled "How to win friends and influence people."