Mechanic Needed For Honda - Alsace/Mulhouse

Wikiposts

Mechanic Needed For Honda - Alsace/Mulhouse

Old Today, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Vertedee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mechanic Needed For Honda - Alsace/Mulhouse

Hello
I have a Honda Civic which is about 20 years old and two years ago the door on the driver side locked out and couldn't be opened with the key. Apparently this is a known problem with the older Hondas and we were able to get our local garage to get in and replace the lock but it was tricky and took several hours. About four months ago the passenger door went the same way but this time our mechanic doesn't want to do it - I think he's traumatised! He's been fobbing us off with the excuse that he can't find the part but we have found it ourselves easily enough, so we're taking the hint.
Can anyone recommend a garage in the Alsace area? Anywhere between Mulhouse - Belfort and surrounding would be great. A Honda dealer would be great if they are happy to use the part we will supply, usually this is not the case. Failing that a good local business with Honda experience that you know of or who you know are just great all round would be much appreciated.
It's always tricky going blind to garages and this not being one of the big three French models we cannot assume all will be well as Japanese cars are not evident in great numbers and this fix needs Honda experience. I'm reluctant to just phone around as garages are often reluctant to turn away business by admitting they have never done something.
Anyway if you have a great mechanic whose always done well by you and who you know can turn their hand to anything or has worked on your Japanese car, please let me know.
Many thanks