Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

me tips on renting in Eymet Area?

me tips on renting in Eymet Area?

Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

sharon1950 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile tips on renting in Eymet Area?

Hello everyone we are new to the forum and looking for advice. Dordogne (especially Eymet area )is the area we are looking to live in next year. What is the average rental for a property and is it easy to rent for +/- 6 months?

Secondly what is the winter weather like for this area. We currently live in North Lincolnshire and it is terribly cold during the winter months. Desperately wanting a bit warmer!. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by sharon1950; Oct 18th 2011 at 4:36 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: me tips on renting in Eymet Area?

re the weather: it does tend to get cold in winter in the centre of France; however, winters are shorter then in the uk
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tips on renting in Eymet Area?

Originally Posted by sharon1950
Hello everyone we are new to the forum and looking for advice. Dordogne (especially Eymet area )is the area we are looking to live in next year. What is the average rental for a property and is it easy to rent for +/- 6 months?

Secondly what is the winter weather like for this area. We currently live in North Lincolnshire and it is terribly cold during the winter months. Desperately wanting a bit warmer!. Any advice would be appreciated.

A quick Google shows that the Dordogne/Perigord climate is eminently temperate, although frequent continental influences lower the winter temperatures, which can vary considerably between the north and south of the department. The lowest temperatures average between 10 to 14 degrees below zero.
First frosts normally occur between the end of Oct and mid Nov depending on location, with Spring frosts occurring generally until early/mid April.
I'm guessing now, but could it be the general similarity to the autumn & winter UK temperatures which appeal to so many Brits there?
I've only had one brief overnight stay in the Dordogne towards the end of Oct, on the way back from La Rochelle where we had super weather the whole week. On our approach to (the excellent!) B&B south-east of Perigueux the weather changed rapidly but after a hearty meal and good wine we forgot all about it. Only to be reminded the following morning - there was a good inch of snow covering everything. And the driving conditions were a bit dodgy until well south onto the motorway. By the time we reached Montauban that morning it was another fine, warm day. But in the Dordogne? No idea.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 7:44 am
Banned

Etoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of lightEtoile de Berger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: me tips on renting in Eymet Area?

I am located just north of the Pyrenees in SW France and I am cussing myself for not covering over the passionflower last night. I awoke to a ground frost this morning even though tameteo said minimum 2 degrees.
Having said that I was snoozing in a very agreeable sunshine yesterday afternoon on the patio.
Diurnal range this time of the year is HUGE

I have a dear friend around the corner from Eymet and well remember very frosty air and very hard cold ground. (and no she isn't one of those posh Brits in Eymet..she was into dairy farming and is Dutch. A REAL person.)