Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Map of BE members

Map of BE members

Old Apr 27th 2018, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Map of BE members

Did you know that there is a map of BE members throughout the world in "The Lounge"?

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=926356

There is also a map of BE members in the UK in the "Moving back to the UK" forum.

Just noticed that Biggie is on the map with his sunflower.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 11:43 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Map of BE members

Originally Posted by cyrian
Did you know that there is a map of BE members throughout the world in "The Lounge"?

There is also a map of BE members in the UK in the "Moving back to the UK" forum.

Thanks for that, I never go into the Lounge!
It would be interesting to know how many of us live in France, and more or less where. Could there be a map or list in the Stickies, with just numbers of members per Département, even Région, to maintain privacy? If we know for sure that there's no one in a certain area in which a Newbie is interested, we can direct them to a regional forum (but still advising them on life in general nationally).
Old Apr 27th 2018, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

My profile/location tells all: where it's always Happy Hour (Midi Pyrenees).
Sante!
Old Apr 27th 2018, 5:16 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
My profile/location tells all: where it's always Happy Hour (Midi Pyrenees).
Sante!
You aren't Midi-Pyrénées any more, you're in Occitanie!
I raise my glass of rosé (less harmful than your tipple) to wish you Santé, too!
Old Apr 27th 2018, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
You aren't Midi-Pyrénées any more, you're in Occitanie!
I raise my glass of rosé (less harmful than your tipple) to wish you Santé, too!
Nice one DMU.
As you no doubt know, there has been controversy raging ever since the government announced the plan to reform and reduce to 7 or 8? regions. And the controversy will surely continue, although the changes have now been made official.
Personally I always thought it was crazy - not to mention a scandalous, wicked waste of public funds a few years ago to add an additional name (in Occitan) to all the street names in and around the centre of Toulouse. Link
In my heart I will still reside in Midi-Pyrénées, never in Occitanie! Some evenings on channel 3 and 33 they broadcast regional news in Occitan. That's the moment I grab the remote and rapidly zap.
Even Mme TPipe - who was brought up with an understanding of the local patois in order to speak with her grandparents - has a dislike for it. So I'm not in very bad company.
Reminds me a little of where I grew up - in Bristol. Some evenings the local tv news would broadcast in Welsh. Some time later in the mid 70's the county of Bristol was officially renamed Avon, much to the disgust of 90% or more of the local population, who absolutely refused to use it in dialogue or in official media. A short time later Avon was dropped as the county name, and Bristol reverted to a county in it's own right. Think Adge Cutler may have thrown a spanner (or pitchfork) at the bureaucrates to make them see sense........
I don't doubt that many in France will refuse to recognise their newly designated region. Methinks that many may consider it's worth going on strike for.... What with SNCF, Air France etc, whether it would make any difference though is highly debateable.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Apr 27th 2018 at 7:17 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 8:08 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
In my heart I will still reside in Midi-Pyrénées, never in Occitanie!
I don't doubt that many in France will refuse to recognise their newly designated region.
We voted for the name "Occitanie" at the time, as being the best out of all the other propositions, but definitely still reside in the Languedoc!
In DDs' time, there was an option "Occitan" for the Bac, as a third foreign language, but there weren't many takers.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 10:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian

I created the world map back in 2014. The US had a map first I think, which I copied for Australia and New Zealand (ours is in the Barbie). There's also a map in Canada I think.

If you click on 'view' and 'show list' you can search for a pin by name - or just zoom in on the map and scroll around.

There are a few funny ones around but feel free to flag any offensive ones found