Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

LTV - interview and medical

LTV - interview and medical

Old Jul 21st 2021, 5:59 am
Just Joined

jack_russell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LTV - interview and medical

As I previously posted, I successfully applied for a LTV Professional Liberale.

Now, having arrived in France i went onto the immigration website to activate it.

First thing to note is that they sting you for another 200 Euros which I didn't realise, This means that the entire process of getting a LTV is about £350.

But as part of the registration process they mention an interview with the OFI and a medical. Has anyone had experience of this part of the process and can offer an insight of what to expect.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTV - interview and medical

A big part of OFII's role is to help newcomers to France integrate and make sure they are equipped with the skills they need to cope with living here.
For instance some new arrivals are required to attend a basic language and integration course and present the certificate confirming they've attended in order to get their full CdS. From what people have said, the course is aimed at giving you a broad understanding of France's institutions, how tax and healthcare and social care work etc, so you know what your rights and obligations are and you know how the interfaces work and where to go / what websites to use to do the things you need to do. Also more general stuff on French social customs.
TBH it always struck me as a good thing, specially in the "good old days" pre Brexit when Brit forums were full of questions about "somebody said I need something called a carte vitale, where do I go to ask for one" and "How was I supposed to know I should have filled a tax form in, nobody wrote and told me".
I don't know if all new immigrants have to attend this course. Maybe it depends what visa you're on. But maybe the initial interview is to assess whether they feel you need it or not. But that is just a guess.