Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

LOST CARTE VITALE

LOST CARTE VITALE

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default LOST CARTE VITALE

Smithy has lost his Carte Vitale. Can anyone tell us what he needs to do?
I know somebody will have the answers! Thanks all.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:25 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LOST CARTE VITALE

Originally Posted by smithyandlisa
Smithy has lost his Carte Vitale. Can anyone tell us what he needs to do?
I know somebody will have the answers! Thanks all.

Have a look HERE

This HERE is the declaration form for lost Cartes
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Have a look HERE

This HERE is the declaration form for lost Cartes
Thanks so much Ka Ora. I'm on to it!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:19 pm

Most Welcome
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

And be prepared for a long wait. My (French-born) daughter had her Carte Vitale (among other things) stolen last year and has only just received a replacement
But maybe because she lives in Paris and there's an enormous backlog there...

Last edited by dmu; Sep 3rd 2009 at 4:20 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by dmu
And be prepared for a long wait. My (French-born) daughter had her Carte Vitale (among other things) stolen last year and has only just received a replacement
Probably the back log, Because here I got my new one in 4 days

But then here if you have your baby in hospital you can stay for two weeks, Some things are better in the back end of nowhere.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

our eldest lost her card in Lyon recently, went into the local CPAM office and had a replacement 2 weeks later - I think Paris is a law unto itself
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies. Here's the update. Smithy only discovered the card was lost today when he went to use it. He hadn't used it since the last time he collected a prescription, which was 2 months ago. He decided to go to our local pharmacie anyway and see what could be done about his medicine. The pharmacict came out smiling and triumphantly waving his Carte Vitale. She knew he'd be back sometime, so she held on to it. Really glad we didn't have to go through the hassle of replacing it. So.... panic over, I can now get back to bottling pears and mirabelles.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Tell me about it! Applied for mine in May 2008, and I'm still waiting!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 9:51 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Tell me about it! Applied for mine in May 2008, and I'm still waiting!
Apparently it's the new C.V.s with photo which are taking so long.
Btw, she's still waiting for a new Carte d'Identité (stolen with the other cards) and, on the strength of getting her new Carte Vitale, will give her Mairie a shake!
And, completely off-topic but another example of long-drawn-out bureaucracy, I have FINALLY received notification from my Accountant that my company's winding-down is being published in the official bulletin (x years after the event...)
Everything comes to them that wait....