Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Looking for a travelling au pair--is it possible??

Looking for a travelling au pair--is it possible??

Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

ezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really nice
Default Looking for a travelling au pair--is it possible??

Is this plan feasible? I am hoping to travel with my family (husband and two boys, who will be five and two) from Canada to southern France, Aix en Provence area. I would like at that point to hire a local young person to stay with us and help out with the boys while husband and I have some time to see the sites etc. Then we will travel to Florence, Italy, and stay for a few weeks, taking the 'au pair' with us, and then to Barcelona for a couple weeks, again with the 'au pair'. Of course we will pay for the au pair's travel expenses and put her/him up with us, as well as a wage. The hope is we will have time to see the sites while the boys have a great time hanging with a fun person in various parks etc. I am picturing a person who wants to improve their English while earning a bit of cash. I am also hoping that the 'au pair' speaks a bit of French to my sons (my oldest has French in his kindergarten and is very keen to learn more). I see nothing but benefits all around!!

Now my question is--would this even be possible? Where would I find such a person? Advertise in the local papers? Use an agency?? We know no one in France and don't know where to start. When are the university summer holidays in France? I am thinking it could be a student looking for a summer job. Would would the hourly wage be for child care? Any advice out there?? Thanks!!
Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:11 am
Just Joined

fernis18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a travelling au pair--is it possible??

Dear sirs:

I have seen your anounce today. I am at the rigth place at rigth time.
Well i think I can be able, it depends when you want to come and how long you have expected to be here in Europe aproximately.

My name is Fernanda iam 28 years old, I live in spain and waiting for a job in the airport as crew staff. while i am waiting for them to call me iam free and i was planing to movein the next days to south france Toulouse and find a temporal job.

I have live in Brussels and while i was there i have worked as a nanny for many expats families, have also worked as art teacher of elemtary school.
I have some references from families, i love children an iam very patient with them.

I speak english, french and spanish so i can talk with your guys in language you prefered.

Answering also to your cuestion is dificult now to find a student because most of them are in clases now, and dont have availability to travel.

Your offer is perfect to me that is whyi told you i was at rigth place at rigth time.

you can contacme via email [email protected]
local phone numb 0034610602058 or we can have a meeting also on
skype fernanda.penaranda for video conference to make an interview if you are interested on meeting me.

Thanks for your attention.

Sincerly yours and looking foward to you

Fernanda
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

ezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really nice

Hi Fernanda. I have emailed you.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

it is great that you two have met up: but do take care Fernanda when you post your email and skype addresses on the site in full view; you never know who is reading...
Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Cami_bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezvanetree
Is this plan feasible? I am hoping to travel with my family (husband and two boys, who will be five and two) from Canada to southern France, Aix en Provence area. I would like at that point to hire a local young person to stay with us and help out with the boys while husband and I have some time to see the sites etc. Then we will travel to Florence, Italy, and stay for a few weeks, taking the 'au pair' with us, and then to Barcelona for a couple weeks, again with the 'au pair'. Of course we will pay for the au pair's travel expenses and put her/him up with us, as well as a wage. The hope is we will have time to see the sites while the boys have a great time hanging with a fun person in various parks etc. I am picturing a person who wants to improve their English while earning a bit of cash. I am also hoping that the 'au pair' speaks a bit of French to my sons (my oldest has French in his kindergarten and is very keen to learn more). I see nothing but benefits all around!!

Now my question is--would this even be possible? Where would I find such a person? Advertise in the local papers? Use an agency?? We know no one in France and don't know where to start. When are the university summer holidays in France? I am thinking it could be a student looking for a summer job. Would would the hourly wage be for child care? Any advice out there?? Thanks!!
Hi there,
You might have already found the person you were looking for but just in case I might be interested! I'm 25, fluent in French and English. I just graduated from uni (in London), I've been an au-pair before, I have a (much) younger sister I took care of a lot and depending on when you're planning to travel I'd be really interested in being your au-pair. I think it's a great travelling concept! Looking forward to hearing from you. Camille