Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Looking for a caravan to buy.

Wikiposts

Looking for a caravan to buy.

Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Rowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the rough
Default Looking for a caravan to buy.

Can anyone help we are moving near La Coquille, Dordogne. We are looking to buy a cheap caravan to live in whilst our house is full of builders. Can anyone help, we are hoping to move out at the end of April.(SNIP)(UK)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 5th 2009 at 9:06 pm. Reason: I really wouldnt put a phone number up on a public forum :-)
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:33 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a caravan to buy.

Hi Rowena,

You don't say if you want to buy a caravan before you go and take it over or if you want to buy one once you get there? I was looking into this at one point as I wanted to build a property in France.

I found these people:

www.joalleisure.com

They are based in North Kent.
(Sorry, if link does not work, just type the address in as it is).

They have second hand mobile home type thingies, and they will organise everything for you and ship it out there to wherever you want it.

They quoted me about £3,900 for a 2 bed one including shipping it to Pau in the Pyrenees so Dordogne should be a bit cheaper.

Good luck.
Andy
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Rowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the roughRowena Shrimtpon is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for this, but we are looking to buy one in France to try to keep cost down.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:57 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I have a nice one for sale for petit prix!

It's an Avondale Rialto 555/4 and comes with all the bits including a massive awning. Fixed bed, so no messing with slats and all that stuff. Only 5 years old, but I need rid to make some space here.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for the reply, how much are you asking for it?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Kaphoen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rowena Shrimtpon
Can anyone help we are moving near La Coquille, Dordogne. We are looking to buy a cheap caravan to live in whilst our house is full of builders. Can anyone help, we are hoping to move out at the end of April.(SNIP)(UK)
We have a Willerby mobile home for sale, with in-built French and UK electrics. We live between Mialet and La Coquille
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Please would you let me know how much you are asking for it and are there any pics. I will warn you we are really trying to keep costs down as the exchange rate has made quite a differrence to our budget. Thanks for replying though it would be nice to meet you when we arrive in April.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:47 am
Just Joined

I think you were trying to reply to me but for some reason your reply has been deleted. This seems a very complecated way of trying to communicate with you, we are pushed for time and I am pulling my hair out in frustration,please would you email me directly on [email protected].:curse:
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:03 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you were trying to reply to me but for some reason your reply has been deleted. This seems a very complecated way of trying to communicate with you, we are pushed for time and I am pulling my hair out in frustration,please would you email me directly on [email protected].:curse:
The forum is not to be used as an Advertising Medium should a user wish to sell something they can stick it in the Classifieds Section and place a link to it in their Signature. The user in Question had joined just to tell you they had something for sale. The Site Rules Explain it all. It's not you fault or anything But a looking for something to buy thread is inevitably going to end up having a lot of post's deleted once the user in question has 3 post's they could PM you the details. If we all stuck what we had for sale on the board it would be like the Free Ads here and hardly fun at all, I did not join up to see what tat people are selling I spend endless hours sifting through the Free Ads for that.

On a more positive note just about every big city in France has Caravan Sales places on the Outskirts of towns and you see them in the papers all the time if you want to buy one thats already here jump on a plane you could have one in a few days. Also when a Caravan is cheap here chickens would turn their noses up at living in it. The used market for them here has a very quick turn around because they are popular.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Feb 13th 2009 at 3:11 am.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:08 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

If you are referring to the post I removed by Kaphoen, its because it was their first post and they were using it to advertise. As I stated in my reason for the deletion they need to place their advertisement in the Classified section.

Regards

Sue
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:36 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

www.leboncoin.fr is your friend.

Or try the angloinfo muppet sites? They're more of a free-ads site than free-ads are!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks