Long Stay Visa

Old Nov 7th 2021, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Mariela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long Stay Visa

Hi,

I need advice on how I can apply for a long-stay visa for a contract in Paris. The contract is less than 1 year.

I will be working as a contractor and my contract is with an agency. The agency will have a contract with the company in Paris. My question is if my agency is the one that needs to apply for my visa? or it is something I need to do myself? if is something I need to do myself can someone share their experience of how the process was?

Many thanks in advance
Old Nov 7th 2021, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Stay Visa

Are you a UK passport holder?
Originally Posted by Mariela
Hi,
I will be working as a contractor and my contract is with an agency. The agency will have a contract with the company in Paris.
Sorry but I can't get my head round this. Is it a kind of Fportage salarial arrangement with a French portage salarial company?
Normally on this type of arrangement, you're an employee of the portage salarial company.
Same with an employment agency - you are their employee, on their payroll, and they pay the employer social security contributions etc.
But it's not clear how that fits with you being a contractor.

Normally it is the employer who is responsible for obtaining the work permit, and I believe it is then up to you to obtain the visa.

Why not ask the agency?
Old Nov 8th 2021, 6:41 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Stay Visa

Hi, where are you at present? A visa must be applied for from the UK, and, as said, the EU employer sponsors a work visa (after having justified that they can't find a national or EU candidate for the job.)
Your situation is atypical - as suggested, ask the agency and contact the French Consulate.....