Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Locked out of Amazon Account.

Locked out of Amazon Account.

Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Locked out of Amazon Account.

For the last week I have been locked out of my Amazon UK account. From further investigation I gather I am not alone by any means and neither am I alone infinding that emails they say have been sent have not been received.. Amazon claim it is orange but complaints have been made from other providers

Has anyone else been affected and if so were you able to resolve it?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Locked out of Amazon Account.

Originally Posted by grannybunz View Post
For the last week I have been locked out of my Amazon UK account. From further investigation I gather I am not alone by any means and neither am I alone infinding that emails they say have been sent have not been received.. Amazon claim it is orange but complaints have been made from other providers

Has anyone else been affected and if so were you able to resolve it?

Yes me too many times, including today but only with Amazon.fr not co.uk. Check your email address they have on file, I am with Orange BTW but it's not their fault I think.

They keep telling me my login is incorrect. Phone them (0805101420 I think) or reset the password. They normally email a reset code to you.

A right pain I know good luck.

Last edited by audio; Nov 15th 2018 at 8:39 pm. Reason: addition
Old Nov 16th 2018, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

. I stopped receiving any emails from them on Saturday so can't reset anything. Every day they have promised to call me back and they haven't. It is not Orange and we have found 400 recent complaints on one forum about them blaming orange.

On Monday I was told by the only really helpful Amazonn employee I have spoken to that various items seem to have been ordered on my account but using gift vouchers. They asked me to check my UK bank account which I did and there was no problem there but when I said if there was a problem they must know the address to which these goods were sent. She said she would pass on this suggestion ( seeming surprised that this was an obvious clue) to the fraud dept and they would contact me - they haven't.
I have the uk account so I can send gifts to freinds and family in the UK and get thing sent here I can't find on Amazon France.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to stay with Amazon, bin the present account and open a new one with a different password. That should work.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I tried that but they kept saying there is already an account at that emaild address and I can;t open another.
I am thinking of getting another additional email account with a different provider, as long as I can keep my Orange account
Old Nov 16th 2018, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grannybunz View Post
I tried that but they kept saying there is already an account at that emaild address and I can;t open another.
I am thinking of getting another additional email account with a different provider, as long as I can keep my Orange account
Create a Hotmail email account or a Gmail email account.
I use different email addresses for friends and businesses.
You can read them all using a mail reader to aggregate different email addresses.

Last edited by cyrian; Nov 16th 2018 at 10:38 am.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just done that and got back in but I now want to make sure my old account is confirmed closed. Next fruitless task. I honestly would prefer to tell them where to sticj their account but expat counrty bumpkins can;t really be choosers. The alternatives are too expensive