Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Livret de famille?

Livret de famille?

Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

parkh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Livret de famille?

We have been asked by French school for a Livret de Famille? What exactly is this? Is their a UK equivelent? Also we have been asked about insuring our children at the school...has anyone heard of that?

Thanks

FB
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:48 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Livret de famille?

Originally Posted by parkh
We have been asked by French school for a Livret de Famille? What exactly is this? Is their a UK equivelent? Also we have been asked about insuring our children at the school...has anyone heard of that?

Thanks

FB
Hi,
You get a Livret de Famille when you get married in France and the Mairie enters all the children when they are registered at birth. I've got one, so can't help you there. Some one on the forum will be able tell you what British parents who didn't get married in France have to provide.
Insurance is compulsory - we used to take out the minimum MAE Assurance Scolaire, but there are other companies that do it. It's mainly to cover extra-curricular activities (sport, school outings, etc...).
Hope this helps!

Last edited by dmu; Aug 14th 2009 at 2:51 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:59 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by parkh

Thanks

FB
Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
You get a Livret de Famille when you get married in France and the Mairie enters all the children when they are registered at birth. I've got one, so can't help you there. Some one on the forum will be able tell you what British parents who didn't get married in France have to provide.
Insurance is compulsory - we used to take out the minimum MAE Assurance Scolaire, but there are other companies that do it. It's mainly to cover extra-curricular activities (sport, school outings, etc...).
Hope this helps!
The school should be aware of the fact you are English and not bother with it, There is no way to obtain one unless you get married again in France, But it is not a limitation by not having one at all. More papers not worth the agro.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

We were asked for the same - having the kids named on my wife's passport was enough to provide proof that they are ours and not someone elses... The assurance scolaire is included in our household contents insurance so we didn't need to pay any more than that. The insurance companies will always try to sell you top up for more (better?) cover etc, but we resisted (while we were told it is compulsory, they wanted to sell us a top up to cover our kids in case they were hurt by another kid who is not insured - figure that one out!)

The school also wanted my social security number, which I still don't have after nearly 3 months here due to a combination of holiday season slowness and having endless paperwork to send in. They returned our file a couple of weeks ago, asking for my birth certificate, endorsed within the last 3 monhs by the marie in the town I was born...what would Cardiff townhall do about that if I asked them? I'll be happier when all this paperwork is out of the way.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

we too were asked but used passports and birth certificates instead;
social security number takes a while to come through but the office will know what it will be as soon as they begin processing your file; if you pop and explain it is necessary to have it they will usually write the number down for you;;
you will also need proof of vaccinations
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

parkh is an unknown quantity at this point

I know...and our kids havent been vaccinated!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

I teach my doc and she said that the only one that was COMPULSORY was the tetanus diptheria polio in france; others like uk recommended

you will see on all forms the BCG; that was made voluntary in 2007