Reload this Page >

Living and working as contractor in Paris for a UK company

Living and working as contractor in Paris for a UK company

Old Sep 13th 2019, 11:04 am
Just Joined

dmwk48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living and working as contractor in Paris for a UK company

Hello,

I'm about to move permanently from Paris from the UK to live there. I am a French national but have worked in the UK for some years. I work as a self-employed contractor, my contract is with a UK company.

I’d like to know what my options are now when I set up in France and what is the most tax-efficient way to do it. My contract is around 3,500 EUR per month

Is it better to be self-employed or set up a company structure where I’m the sole director?

Are there any special considerations I need to make considering I’ll be being paid by a UK company?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 13th 2019, 11:31 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and working as contractor in Paris for a UK company

Originally Posted by dmwk48
Hello,

I'm about to move permanently from Paris from the UK to live there. I am a French national but have worked in the UK for some years. I work as a self-employed contractor, my contract is with a UK company.

I’d like to know what my options are now when I set up in France and what is the most tax-efficient way to do it. My contract is around 3,500 EUR per month

Is it better to be self-employed or set up a company structure where I’m the sole director?

Are there any special considerations I need to make considering I’ll be being paid by a UK company?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
You can't be a micro-entreprise/autoentrepreneur with only one employer - the URSSAF would consider it "travail dissimulé". Not only that, I believe your income would exceed the limit for such an enterprise. Some one more in the know will come along, but, meanwhile, take a look at threads #17, 20 and 21 in the Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs above, which give info.
You may do well to consult a French Expert-Comptable who, knowing all the circumstances, would be best placed to advise on what business structure to set up. From experience, I can say that the social charges of an Sàrl are crippling....
Hope this helps!
Old Sep 15th 2019, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

As dmu says.
Without knowing any details, alarm bells always ring when a person works for one "client" but claims to be self employed. The UK isn't too concerned about disguised employment but URSSAF/DIRECCTE is very hot on it. It is of course possible to be genuinely self-employed and perform all your work for one client, but it is unusual, and you would need to be prepared to argue your case if necessary.
Why not go and have a chat to the chambre de commerce of the place where you will be living.
Old Sep 30th 2019, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

You could consider portage de salarie but you need to speak to a comptable to work out what is best for you