Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Live Chickens into France?

Live Chickens into France?

Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold
Default Live Chickens into France?

Hi

Can anyone tell me if you can bring live chickens into France, I have searched the internet but can't find any information on it.

I only want to bring 5 pet chickens for laying eggs, is this legal?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live Chickens into France?

Originally Posted by bramblebush
Hi

Can anyone tell me if you can bring live chickens into France, I have searched the internet but can't find any information on it.

I only want to bring 5 pet chickens for laying eggs, is this legal?

you need to do a search for poultry on Google, lots of info there

The DEFRA link is probably the most informativehttp://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/int-trde/eu/animals/#poultry
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the reply.

I have searched on google and found lots of advice about poultry but no actual guidelines on taking a few pet chickens to France.

The link you gave me didn't work but I searched the defra site anyway and it only advices on importing large amounts.

Thanks anyway for your help
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply.

I have searched on google and found lots of advice about poultry but no actual guidelines on taking a few pet chickens to France.

The link you gave me didn't work but I searched the defra site anyway and it only advices on importing large amounts.

Thanks anyway for your help

should have checked it before I posted, here's the link again
although they are your pets, the rules for importing poultry will apply

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/int-...imals/#poultry

as
Old Aug 15th 2009, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by val50
should have checked it before I posted, here's the link again
although they are your pets, the rules for importing poultry will apply

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/int-...imals/#poultry

as
Thanks again for your help.

I had already read the defra page and the Poultry Health Scheme that it refers to is for someone exporting more than 20 birds at a time.
And the next section on pet birds excludes chickens
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again for your help.

I had already read the defra page and the Poultry Health Scheme that it refers to is for someone exporting more than 20 birds at a time.
And the next section on pet birds excludes chickens

what about contacting the French Embassy - they have a page on their website about taking pets - contact details towards the bottom of the page

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Importa...ance,2780.html
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by val50
what about contacting the French Embassy - they have a page on their website about taking pets - contact details towards the bottom of the page

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Importa...ance,2780.html

Thank you for your endless help and patience, I will check it out straight away
Old Aug 15th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you for your endless help and patience, I will check it out straight away

I like a challenge
Hope you manage to find someone who can help you - if you do, would be great if you could let us know what happens
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:46 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

They dont allow chickens as pets, As they are covered by the EU livestock regulations.

Tag em Bag em and eat them on the way

Extra Branston if they are a little tough.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:46 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Ka ora, you're all heart m8.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:28 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Ka ora, you're all heart m8.
Well, Chickens are as cheap as chips here, Go well with chips as well.