Reload this Page >

Little help needed please !

Little help needed please !

Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

French Rach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Little help needed please !

Hi everybody ! I'm new here... and french -so please excuse me for mistakes -

I try to help friends to sell their house in Toulouse. They would like to publish an announcement on english property selling websites...

Would you please help us by indicating me which are the more visited ? The one you used when you mooved to France ?

Thank you very much !
(And if my thread is not welcome here, please let me know ! )

-Rachael-
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:49 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Little help needed please !

Bonjour et bienvenue Rachael!

There's no need to apologise for your 'mistakes', you write excellent English, thankyou for choosing to communicate with us in a language we know better than yours.

If your friend did a search on Google for 'English Estate Agents in Toulouse', or something like that, then he/she'd no doubt get lots of hits.

You could also try the larger agences like Century 21, La Foret etc?

Hope that helps?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply !

Do you mean that english people wanting to moove to France use french estate agents ? More than english ones ?

My friends would prefer not to deal with agents (I don't know exactly why)...

Thanks again for your help !
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:38 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Try HERE French Property News we have sold a house or two through this site and got more people through the door than agents managed.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:12 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

It's only my experience Rachael, others will have different opinions to mine. We get folks staying with us looking for houses in our area who mostly use the English owned/run agences. Mainly because their level of French isn't up to dealing with the house-buying process in the french language.

If I were to sell MY place, I'd advertise it in the FPN, as Ka Ora suggests, if that didn't work, then I'd use a French agence before an English one. I trust them more.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 4:46 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel, at the moment I am in the process of looking for a property to buy in France and every single day I always use www.rightmove.com and search France and I also use www.primelocation.com. So, if your friends are considering instructing an English estate agent, make sure the agent they choose advertises on at least one of those. They are the two most used websites by people looking to buy foreign property, especially France.

Also, I use www.green-acres.com an awful lot, again, every day.

Good luck to your friends.

Andy
Old Jun 29th 2008, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Ka Ora and Andy (good luck for your searches) for your links, I will look at how to publish there...

Stu, your experience is certainly the same as many people... that's why I wrote "english people" !

I'm glad to have your opinions so I can suggest things to my friends.