Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

On Line Radio Station.

On Line Radio Station.

Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default On Line Radio Station.

Been round to meet someone this weekend and discussed the possiblity of an online radio station for expats.
The studio is all set and ready to go so it is a matter of when not if it happens.
His first idea was to make it for just the PO area but now it is online rather than on air it will include all areas. There are probably others out there but we aim to be as professional as possible, keeping a real varied mix in music and topics discussed. I listen to French radio in the day and it seems to be the same four cds being played by all stations whether they are old or new music stations.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know them.

I worked on a pirate radio station in West London many moons ago so am aware of how much work needs to be put in but this has real chances of being successful.

If anyone lives in the 66 department and can help out in any way please get in touch.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:23 pm
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice
Default Re: On Line Radio Station.

I would be quite interested but am unsure if my connection is up to the job.
What do you consider a minimum speed would be?

(ex party DJ, MC (for shows and events) and sound engineer.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

That sort of thing is out of my range so far as knowledge is concerned. I will ask rob if it's ok for me to pass his email on so you can ask him.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:58 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
Been round to meet someone this weekend and discussed the possiblity of an online radio station for expats.
The studio is all set and ready to go so it is a matter of when not if it happens.
His first idea was to make it for just the PO area but now it is online rather than on air it will include all areas. There are probably others out there but we aim to be as professional as possible, keeping a real varied mix in music and topics discussed. I listen to French radio in the day and it seems to be the same four cds being played by all stations whether they are old or new music stations.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know them.

I worked on a pirate radio station in West London many moons ago so am aware of how much work needs to be put in but this has real chances of being successful.

If anyone lives in the 66 department and can help out in any way please get in touch.
Im always up for this sort of thing, We have also booked out the end of August. Got a house in Argeles Port this year. So will come over to Collioure and try the bar out. The oH want's to buy some fishy things
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:57 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I went out with a DJ on Radio Caroline when I was about 19 - does that qualify me?

Suppose I could host a "Chainsaw Questiontime" slot ............
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea50
I went out with a DJ on Radio Caroline when I was about 19 - does that qualify me?

Your could have a reminiscing show of Golden Oldies
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:39 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Which one?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:57 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

His name was Dale Anthony Pool. He took me to an Indian restaurant in Knightsbridge and, poor ole country bumpkin that I were, raised with a morbid suspicion of "anything foreign", I ended up eating the sugar lumps out of the bowl! I got to meet Peter Lorimer and Peter Osgood though, both of whom played for Chelsea at the time.

I even danced with Peter Osgood - not a bad chap, but I was staggered the guy could play football - he stepped on my feet 39 times ................. I remember at the time thinking "Striker? This guy couldn't hit a barn door if he was sitting on the handle ..............."
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I still have that suspicion andi, if it don't swim up the Thames I won't eat it lol.

I want to join in the shameless namedropping. I went out with one of the blondes in Toto Coelo (remember I eat Cannibals?) and the daughter of Shirley Anne Fields. I can say honestly I have spent the night with SAF. I would never admit to it being in a different room mind you
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:46 pm

Best thing I learnt off Paul McCartney was never names drop.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:37 pm
Grey Bombshell

Flash git!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:53 pm

Flash git!
Naw more of a Jumping Jack Flash

Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:31 pm
Grey Bombshell

Shite, is that mick jagger? Blimey, he needs some Oreal Wrinkle Cream or botox.

Talking of Shite, have just discovered the septic tank needs emptying at the new property, so I'll be doing more of a Jumping Jack (daniels) Flush I think - bloody typical, most people when they move to France spend the first year relaxing by the pool drinking wine .............
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:45 pm

Shite, is that mick jagger? Blimey, he needs some Oreal Wrinkle Cream or botox.

Talking of Shite, have just discovered the septic tank needs emptying at the new property, so I'll be doing more of a Jumping Jack (daniels) Flush I think - bloody typical, most people when they move to France spend the first year relaxing by the pool drinking wine .............
Once you have emptied it, Get some of that powdered stuff to flush down the loo and get the good bacteria going again, Also use it if you get given Antibiotics by the Doctor as they kill Good Fosse Bacteria so once you have finished the meds add more Powder. Crap stuff but good to know. The powder can be found in all supermarkets near or by the Bog Bleach and such things.

I have the Cat look as well, Minus the hair
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:09 pm
Grey Bombshell

Ah, yes, I remember that stuff - can't remember what it's called but we used to use it before. Pete's quite nervous about the fosse - I like them having had one in France and one here in England (SO much cheaper on the rates) but I think I'll have to post a list up of DO's and DON'T's! Could call it Bog Use Tips & Tricks (or Butt for short!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.