British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   On-line applications for Titres de Séjour (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/line-applications-titres-de-s%C3%A9jour-935345/)

dmu Oct 19th 2020 10:18 am

On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
For those concerned, here's the French Government site for UK citizens to apply for their Titres de Séjour:

https://contacts-demarches.interieur...-titre-sejour/

(Suffering from illectronism, I thank my lucky stars that I'm French by marriage....)

Rosecampion Oct 20th 2020 5:11 am

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
Thank you DMU.

Anyone out there planning to wait for thé accompanying decree before applying?

EuroTrash Oct 20th 2020 9:09 am

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
I don't see any reason to wait?
The site is open and it seems that hundreds of thousands of people have already applied.
I would crack on.

G-J-B Oct 20th 2020 8:48 pm

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
I don't see a great reason to rush either - there's at least 8 months, and while I don't think it's good to leave it last minute, the decree hasn't yet passed (although I see no reason why it wouldn't). I heard some people mention 503 errors today, so I think there's been a few moments where the site was a little overburdened.

Speaking of internet page problems, did anyone else have trouble with this site today? Tried it in two browsers, and none of the links worked - the mouse cursor just glazed over them as though there were no hyperlinks at all.

EuroTrash Oct 20th 2020 9:17 pm

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
As you say. I don't see it matters a lot.
Applications will probably be dealt with in order of receipt so if you live in a department with a high British population it might make quite a difference to how long you wait for your card if several thousand get in in front of you. If there aren't that many Brits in your dept it won't make much difference.

I couldn't make the site work today either, same problem as you, in fact I posted in the Site Feedback section and I think others had had the same. .

Tweedpipe Oct 20th 2020 11:03 pm

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 

Originally Posted by G-J-B (Post 12924050)
I don't see a great reason to rush either - there's at least 8 months, and while I don't think it's good to leave it last minute, the decree hasn't yet passed (although I see no reason why it wouldn't). I heard some people mention 503 errors today, so I think there's been a few moments where the site was a little overburdened.

Speaking of internet page problems, did anyone else have trouble with this site today? Tried it in two browsers, and none of the links worked - the mouse cursor just glazed over them as though there were no hyperlinks at all.

I had the same problem, guess the site was down for a short period. I never changed browsers though as FFox was displaying all other sites on the favourites taskbar. Initially thought it was my Mac on the blink and/or the adblocker causing the problem.

cyrian Oct 21st 2020 7:35 am

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe (Post 12924124)
I had the same problem, guess the site was down for a short period. I never changed browsers though as FFox was displaying all other sites on the favourites taskbar. Initially thought it was my Mac on the blink and/or the adblocker causing the problem.

+1
Everything else was working except the BE site.

G-J-B Oct 21st 2020 8:14 am

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
Glad it wasn't just me ! :)

KJMW Oct 23rd 2020 6:31 am

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 

Originally Posted by EuroTrash (Post 12924065)
As you say. I don't see it matters a lot.
Applications will probably be dealt with in order of receipt so if you live in a department with a high British population it might make quite a difference to how long you wait for your card if several thousand get in in front of you. If there aren't that many Brits in your dept it won't make much difference.

I couldn't make the site work today either, same problem as you, in fact I posted in the Site Feedback section and I think others had had the same. .

I went on to the site via UK Gov official web site and had no problem at all. I submitted my application in about five minutes. having a CdS is definitely a bonus as the information required was kept to an absolute minimum. I have my reference number and now wait to see what happens!!

EuroTrash Oct 23rd 2020 8:28 am

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12925147)
I went on to the site via UK Gov official web site and had no problem at all. I submitted my application in about five minutes. having a CdS is definitely a bonus as the information required was kept to an absolute minimum. I have my reference number and now wait to see what happens!!

Sorry to confuse - when I said the site wasn't working I was referring to the BE forum site, picking up on the previous post to mine. By all accounts the cds site has held up amazingly well.

scrubbedexpat056 Oct 23rd 2020 11:47 am

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
I'm running into trouble on the website, maybe it's just inundated, but it's saying my name is invalid. First just my surname and 'London' as the issuing authority for my passport so I changed it to 'Londres', rewrote my surname and then it said my given names were also invalid. Very weird. I'll scrap it and try again. If anyone has heard of or experienced similar problems let me know. Thanks.

scrubbedexpat056 Oct 23rd 2020 12:01 pm

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
It's still saying my surname and given names are invalid as is London. Also it showed a gateway error when moving to one of the pages then sorted itself and worked when I tried again. I assume it's overloaded. I'll try to apply for my wife's permit and if that doesn't work I'll have to leave it until I find out the problem.

KJMW Oct 23rd 2020 12:08 pm

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 

Originally Posted by Alianco (Post 12925224)
I'm running into trouble on the website, maybe it's just inundated, but it's saying my name is invalid. First just my surname and 'London' as the issuing authority for my passport so I changed it to 'Londres', rewrote my surname and then it said my given names were also invalid. Very weird. I'll scrap it and try again. If anyone has heard of or experienced similar problems let me know. Thanks.

Try the UK.gov website. I had no trouble at all.

scrubbedexpat056 Oct 23rd 2020 12:11 pm

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
Ok, thanks.

scrubbedexpat056 Oct 23rd 2020 12:18 pm

Re: On-line applications for Titres de Séjour
 
Damn, just spotted I should have been using capital letters for much of the info. Be warned anyone who hasn't applied yet and is as unobservant as me.


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:31 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.