Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

LIEU DIT HOUSE Localisation

LIEU DIT HOUSE Localisation

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default LIEU DIT HOUSE Localisation

Hi

I move into my new house next week and have just realised ther is no phone line connected!

The house is in a Lieu Dit and I wondered if anyone had an idea as to how I could localise the house for France Telecom.....

Thanks in advance for help!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice
Default Re: LIEU DIT HOUSE Localisation

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Hi

I move into my new house next week and have just realised ther is no phone line connected!

The house is in a Lieu Dit and I wondered if anyone had an idea as to how I could localise the house for France Telecom.....

Thanks in advance for help!
What we do is draw a map and hand it over to whoever. We made one using Microsoft draw (I think) so now we can also email it.

The other option is to try to give directions over the phone which can be tricky.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Hi!
If your house is in a really small hamlet like ours, the colour of the shutters is enough to identify the house - assuming of course that everyone else wasn't at the same sale at Conforama and bought Sky Blue paint!
Blackie
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 3:46 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Same with us we just say 1st house on the right in the hamlet "A cote du" the next villge. Although the locals still cant find it, Post codes are some what like driving licenses here to use them you must donate at least a third of your IQ to charity.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

thx for your help
Old Mar 5th 2011, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

In the end there was no problem; they were able to track back the owner 5 years ago and reinstate the line!