Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

webuyanycar equivalent in France?

webuyanycar equivalent in France?

Old Jul 3rd 2017, 10:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default webuyanycar equivalent in France?

I've got an old car which I no longer need here. It needs a new CT next month and I doubt that it will pass.

I just want rid. I know there are dealers who'll pay next to nothing (which is fine) but I'm having trouble finding one.

Any advice?
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 10:24 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: webuyanycar equivalent in France?

To sell the car you need a CT with more than 18 Months left on it so the new keeper can register it in their name, If it won't pass the CT and you don't want it take it to a breakers yard "Casse Auto " then you can get a "certificate d’cessation"

Simples

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jul 3rd 2017 at 10:33 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Or try putting it on leboncoin, anything seems to go on there. But don't wait so long that the CT actually expires or you'll take your chances even driving it to the nearest casse.
If you've been using a local garage to maintain it he might take it off your hands if you ask, my local garage did when my last car gave up the ghost. They didn't give me anything for it though.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 10:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
To sell the car you need a CT with more than 18 Months left on it so the new keeper can register it in their name, If it won't pass the CT and you don't want it take it to a breakers yard "Casse Auto " then you can get a "certificate d’cessation"

Simples

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...45_468x342.jpg
If that's the case for cash in hand dealers too then I'm ****ed.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 11:09 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
If that's the case for cash in hand dealers too then I'm ****ed.
Scrap it....
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 11:12 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Scrap it....
Sounds about right. There's a Casse-Auto about 20 km from here. I'll have a go at getting it running this afternoon.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 2:31 pm
Born again atheist

....well I got it started OK this afternoon and took it out for a spin around town. It still seems to run well and the brakes etc feel OK, tyres look OK etc.. The A/C doesn't work but then it never has.

Am I right in remembering that a CT only costs about 30 euro? And if it fails I'll receive a written list of reasons why it failed and 30 days to fix them?

Maybe it's worth a try. Since we retired to the UK 2 years ago, we've been driving/ferrying here. It occurred to me though that if we were coming for a short visit anytime, it would be much cheaper to Easyjet/train and having the Citroen would mean we still have wheels here.

The insurance isn't free of course but it's not that much (about 500 euro p.a.)
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I think I paid around 50€ for a ct last time. But I would definitely give it chance before scrapping it. You may get some advisories but not everything needs a contre visite. If the faults aren't major or dangerous, they just tell you for your information and it's up to you whether you fix them or not.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 3:23 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I think I paid around 50€ for a ct last time. But I would definitely give it chance before scrapping it. You may get some advisories but not everything needs a contre visite. If the faults aren't major or dangerous, they just tell you for your information and it's up to you whether you fix them or not.
Thanks for that ET. I'll do a bit more "running in" but if nothing obvious emerges I'll book a CT next week.

As the notoriously lazy person that you know me to be, can I ask if could you post a link to the things that are checked during the CT?
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As the notoriously lazy person that you know me to be, can I ask if could you post a link to the things that are checked during the CT?
Sorry, I'm far too lazy to look it up. My CT isn't due until 2019
Anyone out there not too lazy ?
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 4:37 pm
Born again atheist

Sorry, I'm far too lazy to look it up. My CT isn't due until 2019
Anyone out there not too lazy ?
I hate sarcasm.

It all might change of course before 2019, but in case your laziness begins to rival mine, bookmark this link.

https://www.service-public.fr/partic...osdroits/F2878

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jul 3rd 2017 at 4:40 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hate sarcasm.

It all might change of course before 2019, but in case your laziness begins to rival mine, bookmark this link.

https://www.service-public.fr/partic...osdroits/F2878
I will indeed, thank you Novo, very decent of you
And enjoy your well earned apéro, I trust nobody is p155ing into it from above this evening 'tis sunny here in Orne.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 4:52 pm
Born again atheist

I will indeed, thank you Novo, very decent of you
And enjoy your well earned apéro, I trust nobody is p155ing into it from above this evening 'tis sunny here in Orne.
'Tis not in Calvados. Wait, there's a plan!
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wait, there's a plan!
Oh are you inviting me over? Thanks, don't mind if I do Any night this week except tomorrow when I have a work deadline to meet, and Wednesday when thunderstorms are forecast. Thurs or Fri I can bring the sunshine
Old Jul 13th 2017, 7:38 pm
Born again atheist

Oh are you inviting me over? Thanks, don't mind if I do Any night this week except tomorrow when I have a work deadline to meet, and Wednesday when thunderstorms are forecast. Thurs or Fri I can bring the sunshine
We've had sunshine all day today, and believe it or not the jalopy passed its CT this morning without criticism.

Now I have a different question. My older son has decided to abandon Canada for Europe (it seems at this point most likely to be for Berlin). If I were to give him this wonderful chariot does anyone know how long he could drive it in Germany before doing a TuV and registering it in Deutschland?

Obviously I'd sort the insurance stuff out first.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jul 13th 2017 at 7:41 pm.