Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Le dossier de diagnostic technique (DDT)

Wikiposts

Le dossier de diagnostic technique (DDT)

Old Oct 17th 2012, 3:52 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Le dossier de diagnostic technique (DDT)

Over the last week we have been looking at a lot of houses, I was stunned to see so many British owned houses for sale that had visible twin and earth cable and british light switches one house had been surface wired from top to bottom in the stuff, I think the immobilier thought I was being pedantic when I pointed it out, so what happens with the Le dossier de diagnostic technique (DDT)?
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:36 am

Default Re: Le dossier de diagnostic technique (DDT)

Anyone
Old Oct 24th 2012, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

White Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond repute

The inspector may or may not mention that the system does not conform to the latest Normes Francaise but it won't stop the sale. If the Electricity has been disconnected then the system would have to be rewired to the normes and pass inspection by the Consuel before EDF will agree to re connect. I would touch an English wired house at any price.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by White Trash
The inspector may or may not mention that the system does not conform to the latest Normes Francaise but it won't stop the sale. If the Electricity has been disconnected then the system would have to be rewired to the normes and pass inspection by the Consuel before EDF will agree to re connect. I would touch an English wired house at any price.
I have seen a DDT that warns of asbestos because the plumber left his wall protection pad in the corner Made me chuckle.....
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I have seen a DDT that warns of asbestos because the plumber left his wall protection pad in the corner Made me chuckle.....
So thats where I left it......
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:46 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by White Trash
Well, there's a recommendation!
I have to say that I have played with some electrics in the house, not to the extent KO is referencing. If a Brit buyer arrives, they may shrug, but I guess a French buyer would be concerned at the DDT flagging not conforming.