Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

lawyer and bailiff sacked!!

lawyer and bailiff sacked!!

Old Jun 11th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default lawyer and bailiff sacked!!

oh yes!!

i am talking serious missconduct involving trying to make me hand over my mothers assets !!!! they where appointed via legal aid (100%)!! then pretended they wont get paid and tried to make me pay them and hand over my mothers estate

CROOKS

appointed by the court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT TRUST THE FRENCH!

all out to screw you over even legally.

main court will 'investigate' oh yeah right this is france, ...........................

so far since my mum died everyone has tried to see what they can get out of me, and if not wont do anything inclu notaire (4 months nothing) , in 2 months i'm on the street no home and no one cares, they only want to know whats in it for them

avoid france, wish i had!

edit; the bailiff has already been removed from office ( this month) due to other charges of fraud and disception!

Last edited by bourgogne; Jun 11th 2006 at 8:47 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all
Default Re: lawyer and bailiff sacked!!

Bourgogne, do you know that every departement has a "Mediateur de la Republique", who defends and represents the interests of individual citizens involved in litigation with the state.
I am myself, involved in such wrangles - just had my bank account seized and blocked without any warning, by the Inland Revenue, who are charging me for a taxe d'habitation over a house which I have never owned, where I have never lived, a house which has nothing to do with me whatsoever. I could not be more in my right. I wish some heads would fall in the relevant tax office. They were able to find my bank account, but not to find out that I am not the person they think I am (no identity verification), or to find out what my address is, so I didn't even get any payment demand or any notification that my bank account would be seized.
I am also lodging a formal complaint against those people ("porter plainte") in writing to the "Procureur de la Republique".
Those are the measures you can resort to when you are being wronged by a French "administration" - they make plenty of blunders!

Of course, you don't have to trust what I say, since I am French (AND British too...)
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karunia
Bourgogne, do you know that every departement has a "Mediateur de la Republique", who defends and represents the interests of individual citizens involved in litigation with the state.
I am myself, involved in such wrangles - just had my bank account seized and blocked without any warning, by the Inland Revenue, who are charging me for a taxe d'habitation over a house which I have never owned, where I have never lived, a house which has nothing to do with me whatsoever. I could not be more in my right. I wish some heads would fall in the relevant tax office. They were able to find my bank account, but not to find out that I am not the person they think I am (no identity verification), or to find out what my address is, so I didn't even get any payment demand or any notification that my bank account would be seized.
I am also lodging a formal complaint against those people ("porter plainte") in writing to the "Procureur de la Republique".
Those are the measures you can resort to when you are being wronged by a French "administration" - they make plenty of blunders!

Of course, you don't have to trust what I say, since I am French (AND British too...)
NO i do trust you hun, you are a double sider, (i mean you know the french yet are no longer) so a new and improved version

Its ok, i got it covered but........ how many others? I do not faint in the fear of the "loi" i demand people PROVE it to me..... i'm like that This episode, yes once again mum dying blah blah blah...... yet you cannot imagine that EVERYTHING she ever imagined was covered is not, and every day another round of letters to fight her case / mine!

Today social worker ....... rmi??? no chance
Notaire ...... house valued as finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! errrrrr excuuuuuuse me! try that and kiss my AAAA for your fee (but then he's got the money )

its a case the english (me) are not used to, you cant shout, you cant get some idiot by the verbal throat, you cant and there we differ! oh i need to verbally rip someone the shreads about now babes.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all

oh i need to verbally rip someone the shreads about now babes.[/QUOTE]

Bourgogne, now I too need to rip someone to shreds as my problems have compounded further (even though I didn't think it was even possible!)

After 2 hours' phone calls to various people, inside the inland revenue and to my bank which had informed me of the seizing of my account (am now in the red, and all this for a mistaken identity ("erreur de personne!"which has now been recognised). I spoke to 3 different employees in 3 diffferent departments probably within the same building - all in an another part of the country - and after managing to check ALL their records properly they did acknowledged that OOOps, no I am not the right person to demand 4,000+ euros from. So they promise to fax my bank immediately to restore my account (and maybe they will reimburse the expenses if I send them bill etc..).
Two days later, I receive another similar document from my local bank here where I have a joint account with my husband, AND they have seized that also, AND for the same amount of 4,000+ euros!!!! AND now we both are in the red.
So on thephone again, ring up the same people in the inland revenue office (Treasury this time) and they can't understand why it is TWO accounts that have been seized... so now I am in the red for well over 8,000 euros... and I am feeling murderous. Unfortunately, the person I end up speaking too sounds like a decent human being, and so it can't be personal. But SOMEONE somewhere must be responsible for such an accumulation of cock-ups (will this be censored?). I am told such mistakes are far from infrequent. It boils down to here, certainly with the state, you are well guilty until you can prove yourself innocent.
I mean: "they" can't even find my real address? "They" can't even find that I am not the person they think I am?
And yet "they" can very quickly find out two bank accounts and get hold of every penny I have, even though most of those are my husband's pennies, who has even less to do with this mess than I have.
My only "fault" was to be called something like "Claudine Lemaire". The person they thought I was was called "Claudette Lemaire", and she happened to be my father's second wife. So I do know the house in question, although the last time I set foot in it was 1992 for my father's funeral. Yet I am the one they somehow manage to track down, they send demands for "taxe d'habitation", only, they send them in England, to an address I have left 5 years ago, so obviously, I don't get the tax demands, nor do I get the threats. They did not even check that they had the right address for me the wrong person. So the next thing I know I get this horrible post and I can't even draw another penny from any of my bank accounts -
I am trying to find out if I can sue for damages - it really is not right that the state can persecute someone in this way, unless there is possibility of compensation. I was told: "Dream on!"
Fortunately I am totaly fluent in French. I dread to think what would happen so someone who is not.
If anyone reads these lines who has a good idea if, and how, I could sue the Inland Revenue, please let me know. I obviously cannot go and blow up anyone's office. Someone, somewhere, has got to be responsible for this.. And it is very likely that the people I speak to on the phone, are used to covering up for each other.
Sorry this post is so long.
The thing is, Bourgogne, you can't tear someone to shreds. You have to get them with their weapons. You have to stay within French law, and in order to do that, you have to really know what the law is. It is very different from British Law. So of course, anyone English finds it hard to understand why, for instance, here in France, parents should be responsible for their children's debts and vice-versa. It is the Napoleonic code. It should be changed but...
So if you think you are within your rights Bourgogne, do try and go to the Mediateur de la Republique for your departement: is it Cote d'Or? If the dispute is with something to do with the state, which in your case I am not sure it is.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

so sorry for your problems

inland revenue = government! good luck to sue them! they have changed to a more 'customer focused' organisation, but they are still the crap they always were.

I have been appointed now a social worker, she is very nice, and (any english reading) french social workers are nothing like in the UK, they are there to help you through all the issues. Anyway she did agree that my 'style' of letter writing in English is too direct (not rude) but too factual to translate well in french........ it does not read properly when directly translated But she thinks the fact that I keep writing to people and they never reply is not good.

Lastet this week!

I have 2 months to exit this house, the social worker will find me a flat, but the dogs and cats cant come!!!!!!!!! Today another RDV and she got told very firmly they are my family they wont be discarded PERIOD. New search in motion.

RMI - no chance and only 320€

CMU - applied for (teeth need ripping out urgently)

Notaire - at last got off his arse! The estate of mum should be sorted very soon , and the debt (the dispute with house mum refused to pay) I inherit... not a bad thing coz then its maison phenix (the crooks) have to deal with me Despite being useless he has ensured that the builders have not been contacted and no moeny will be paid to them. He fully understands the issue, but did say (RDV at the house) its so off plan 1m20 on a tilt, the roof is wrong pitch the windows are wrong (i know EVERYTHING IS WRONG) every room door plug etc is wrong! No contract illegal! He doubts maison phenix will play ball but will have to buy back the house and demolish it. I am so looking forward to that..... but 2-7yrs to get to court sadly. Since Dec 2004 the entire group of that builder have had their contracts voided in court!!! as bad as it can get without being forced to stop trading. they are devious however and now trade as 'maisons phenix' ....... note the 's'!

Lawyer - being investigated, but have to wait for another to be appointed now.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

notaire has after several calls by social worker told her its sorted but can she ring back in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so by then mum will have been dead 7months and still nothing done!

not least in the morning i'm at mums house and ....... police will be called the neighbours have stolen her drain covers and volets...... want proof? i spay painted those drains and the volets are splattered in the crepi of her house, their house is not the same colour

bastards!!!! i mead ****ing bastard they steal from the dead in france?
Old Jul 7th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

they steal from the dead in france?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there is scum and low life everywhere...France is no better and no worse than anywhere else in that respect. Such an awful thing to do, it must feel like desecration to you, after all that has already happened. I do hope the low-life neighbours are caught (doesn't sound like they are too clever either!!!) - some of these bottom feeders will prey on anybody who seems slightly vulnerable - and how much more vulnerable can you be, than being dead, and being a foreigner before that? This is beyond despicable...
As for the slowness of things, yes yes and yes, how impossibly infuriating it is! Anything involving the law, and bureaucracy -At least you have now a social worker who sounds like she is understanding at least some of your problems, and trying to help sort them out. That's probably the best tack for you, trying to have some officials on your side, people who will be fluent with the language, the legal aspects, the possibilities, and who have access to resources. Keep that social worker sweet, she is probably worth her weight in gold!
And best of luck for all the rest... it will work out, but might take a while... just hang in there.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

thank you police where err......... being french as ever

reported theft recovered it myself alone, but did it in front of theives who made no attempt to stop me just stood there and denied it. option given to ring police was not acted upon. perhaps my shouting a mixture of french and english insults at them bemused?

i in fact bought the volets and drain covers back where i am, i did not replace them on mums house, as i expect them to walk again.

why do i no longer trust the french? but as you say the scummy element are everywhere. more upsetting was the village magazine (6 monthly) actually printed the death of my mother which co-incided with the theft (only 2 days)!!!!! they must have thought no-one would know.......... they did not know son lives only a few mins walk away and has at least 3 dog walks per evening to do, I MISS NOTHING!!!

But give the french thier merits, they still given 'in the face evidence of theft' deny it and take no responcibility what-so-ever.

all the same whatever they think of the mad english they got told their fortunes including the angry mob of on-lookers.......... they where so brave!! those looks could almost have bothered me LOLOLOL