Last throes?

Old Jul 18th 2019, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

jsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last throes?

Is BF in resusc? Where are the new posts - or the new posters - or new questions?

DMU, Eurotrash, Alicanco, Tweedpipe, Annettj, Chatterstat, cyran, PF et al - are you le fin de siecle of BE?

In the beginning there was BoeuF but BoeuF got stuck by pinning answers, so that everyone knew the potential pitfalls. This meant that no-one could quietly scoff at others' niavtety. "Fancy not knowing that a huge meal, followed by "Non merci, je suis plien(e)"" could result in ribald laughter.

I propose the removal of all "Read Me" threads, so that all new expats can work it out for themselves. Therein lies the true discovery. Therein lies the rejuvenation of BoeuF.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last throes?

Well I may be fin de siecle, but exactly which century I'll leave for you to decide.
Incidently, "Non merci, je suis plein!" was one of my faux pas in front of the future mother-in-law. Truth to God! There was another belter, but if I stated it on a family forum I'd be banned for life.

Here's a new question. Who the 'ell was BoeuF?
Old Jul 19th 2019, 6:04 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Well I may be fin de siecle, but exactly which century I'll leave for you to decide.
Incidently, "Non merci, je suis plein!" was one of my faux pas in front of the future mother-in-law. Truth to God! There was another belter, but if I stated it on a family forum I'd be banned for life.

Here's a new question. Who the 'ell was BoeuF?
- She must have been amazed, as males normally can't be (pleins)!
- I was going to ask the same question...
Old Jul 19th 2019, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

I frequently check who is online and often there are one or two "members" and possibly 12 or 14 "guests".
Sometimes the members include "aliens" from other planets within BE.
The "lurkers" are possibly reading the posts and the FAQ section and obtaining answers to their questions.
This is why the answers to certain questions become more general to give a wider understanding than the OP was perhaps expecting.
There are members out there who have just stopped contributing and other who no longer live in France.
I think that Brexit and the poor £/€ exchange rate are putting many Brits off from moving to the EU.
Brits will always move to France and will need to ask questions.
The France section is not the quietest section on BE but at the moment it is not very busy.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

graham.miln is an unknown quantity at this point

The forum feels seasonal. There are flurries of activity and then it quietens down for a while.

I expect Brexit is having an impact. I also wonder whether the upticks in activity can be correlated to UK television programmes about moving aboard.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 7:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't worry, I think I'll have enough questions to keep the forum going for quite some time. I've just asked another one this minute.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

fishrock is an unknown quantity at this point

The forum is a bit quiet just now but at least there aren't a lot of disagreements here. Now I've joined maybe that will change, hope not.
I am moving over next week and can't wait. Expect a flood of "how do you ..." posts asking for help. With the prospect of a blond haired prime minister and food shortages if he does as promised it cannot be worse settling in France. Even the falling pound hasn't discouraged me. Eternal optimist.

Last edited by fishrock; Jul 21st 2019 at 8:27 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 8:33 am
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still here - I log in most mornings to catch up, but don't post much at the moment.

One reason for my wariness, is that other blogs I'm a member of are getting a bit political, and a bit shouty...
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Paging jsbach urgently! The exceptional hot weather has not been keeping me awake at night, but trying to guess "who the hell BoeuF was" has me tossing and turning!
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris'nJulie
I'm still here - I log in most mornings to catch up, but don't post much at the moment.

One reason for my wariness, is that other blogs I'm a member of are getting a bit political, and a bit shouty...
The french forum is quite a gentle forum which doesn't get very political and rarely shouty or personal.
If that doesn't suit anyone then just go to "take it outside" on BE where you will be able to get aggresive.
We have had a couple of very opinionated members in the distant past - both from around the Salies-de-Béarn area but the Mods dealt with them.
Just post your opinion or thoughts which can help other expats or future expats.
Anyway it is too hot to fall out.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 1:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsbach
Is BF in resusc? Where are the new posts - or the new posters - or new questions?

DMU, Eurotrash, Alicanco, Tweedpipe, Annettj, Chatterstat, cyran, PF et al - are you le fin de siecle of BE?

In the beginning there was BoeuF but BoeuF got stuck by pinning answers, so that everyone knew the potential pitfalls. This meant that no-one could quietly scoff at others' niavtety. "Fancy not knowing that a huge meal, followed by "Non merci, je suis plien(e)"" could result in ribald laughter.

I propose the removal of all "Read Me" threads, so that all new expats can work it out for themselves. Therein lies the true discovery. Therein lies the rejuvenation of BoeuF.
I for one would be very sad to see BE die. Let’s all do our best to make sure it doesn’t happen, by opening new threads and keep posting. Let’s keep BE moving. Like the old Post Office ad...use it or lose it.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I for one would be very sad to see BE die. Let’s all do our best to make sure it doesn’t happen, by opening new threads and keep posting. Let’s keep BE moving. Like the old Post Office ad...use it or lose it.
"Use it or lose it", I thought that was attributed to Joan Collins........

Old Jul 22nd 2019, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

jsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond repute

Paging jsbach urgently! The exceptional hot weather has not been keeping me awake at night, but trying to guess "who the hell BoeuF was" has me tossing and turning!
Not being in the first flush of youth myself, I got confused. I belong to an entirely different forum and mixed up the acronyms for the two.
I shall hang my head in shame and write another fugue.

and, just in case anyone's in doubt, I'd be very sad to see the forum wither on the vine, so my original post was one of encouragement.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jsbach
Not being in the first flush of youth myself, I got confused. I belong to an entirely different forum and mixed up the acronyms for the two.
I shall hang my head in shame and write another fugue.

and, just in case anyone's in doubt, I'd be very sad to see the forum wither on the vine, so my original post was one of encouragement.
That's not a problem. Please hang around and keep posting. So many tend to fade into the ether after half a dozen posts, and/or don't acknowledge helpful replies.
Looking forward to hearing your Well Tempered Clavier II.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Jul 22nd 2019 at 4:11 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2019, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

That's not a problem. Please hang around and keep posting. So many tend to fade into the ether after half a dozen posts, and/or don't acknowledge helpful replies.
Looking forward to hearing your Well Tempered Clavier II.
Although I sold my house in France some years back, I feel an affinity for BE and will certainly hang around.
I was helped through a tricky situation some years back by BE members, where Eurotrash was particularly attentive and knowledgeable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.