Reload this Page >

Language courses

Language courses

Old May 18th 2008, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

mactheconny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Language courses

Hi All,

I've just started on the Michel Thomas French Language course. I'm on the second tape and I've found it really useful so far. Well thought out, easy to understand, and to feel like you are progresing.
I'd like to be able to read and write the language though as well. Mostly for those dreaded bills etc! I do struggle with formal textbooks though, not because of the difficulty but rather they do tend to be very boring. Has anyone found anything that is structured in a way to keep your interest alive?
Any comments appreciated!

Regards, mac
Old May 18th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Language courses

Originally Posted by mactheconny
Hi All,

I've just started on the Michel Thomas French Language course. I'm on the second tape and I've found it really useful so far. Well thought out, easy to understand, and to feel like you are progresing.
I'd like to be able to read and write the language though as well. Mostly for those dreaded bills etc! I do struggle with formal textbooks though, not because of the difficulty but rather they do tend to be very boring. Has anyone found anything that is structured in a way to keep your interest alive?
Any comments appreciated!

Regards, mac

I know quite a few use the BBC language courses - you can play games in the language you choose too so it's not so boring
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/
Old May 18th 2008, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

mactheconny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by val50
I know quite a few use the BBC language courses - you can play games in the language you choose too so it's not so boring
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/
Many thanks, I'll have a look at that
Old May 21st 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC does some good stuff.
The other month they broadcasted the whole of MaFrance in the early hours of the morning, but you can follow the videos and play the games here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/mafrance/

I start to come a bit undone in the later videos though. I really need to improve!