Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

KFC takes on Mc Donalds in France.

KFC takes on Mc Donalds in France.

Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:06 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KFC takes on Mc Donalds in France.

For anyone in Toulouse there is a New KFC in Portet near Carrefour and they are rolling them out across France aiming to pop one up near every Mikky Dees. I guess the let Mc Donald's take all the Flack before they followed en suit. I know MD has been around for a while but our local one was burnt down twice before they got the doors opened, Ironic as its a busy as hell these days.

But KFC is better hangover food anyway, and I prefer Burger King burgers Nicer cuts of meat.

On a side note something that annoys me about the supermarkets is that You can buy Burger Buns but they are two thirds bigger than the the size of any of the Fresh unfrozen Steak Hache Burgers. Why is that?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KFC takes on Mc Donalds in France.

Not just Portet but Blagnac and Balma!!! It is not as good as UK though; they are still learning how to cook it and the last time I went to the one at Blagnac they undercooked it and I got food poisoning!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Not just Portet but Blagnac and Balma!!! It is not as good as UK though; they are still learning how to cook it and the last time I went to the one at Blagnac they undercooked it and I got food poisoning!!!!
Nice....................Not

The Portet one the chicken was cooked but the crispy bit was not so crispy. None of the Big fast food chains have consistency from nation to nation Ironically Mc Donalds is the worst in America I have ever come across and the One in Moscow I went to had a Damm Tasty Burger. With nice girls to boot. The American approach does not work here Quantity over Quality, us Europeans want Quality over Quantity and they should get that in to their heads, Oh and I dont want soda with my meal I would like water to wash out the salt a bit.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:43 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Nice....................Not

The Portet one the chicken was cooked but the crispy bit was not so crispy. None of the Big fast food chains have consistency from nation to nation Ironically Mc Donalds is the worst in America I have ever come across and the One in Moscow I went to had a Damm Tasty Burger. With nice girls to boot. The American approach does not work here Quantity over Quality, us Europeans want Quality over Quantity and they should get that in to their heads, Oh and I dont want soda with my meal I would like water to wash out the salt a bit.
Do the Mc D's in France sell beer?

The Italian ones do - and bottles of water. They have picked up the American habit of giving you 80% ice cubes and 20% drink though unless you loudly say "no ice thanks".

No sign of KFC coming here though. I've forgotten what it is.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Do the Mc D's in France sell beer?

The Italian ones do - and bottles of water. They have picked up the American habit of giving you 80% ice cubes and 20% drink though unless you loudly say "no ice thanks".

No sign of KFC coming here though. I've forgotten what it is.
Yes 1664, The French are clever enough not to mix Ice with beer I still cant get my head around having a Demi for breakfast

The advantage I guess KFC has is you help yourself to drinks you just buy an empty drinks container, ALthough why they bother trying to sell a large when you can go back for more also baffles me.

The Mc Doo here do pancakes for breakfast but dont offer Maple Syrup only Nutella or Jam, And the bacon in the muffins is not so good, I do like a egg and backon Mc Muffin after a heavy night
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Yes 1664, The French are clever enough not to mix Ice with beer I still cant get my head around having a Demi for breakfast

The advantage I guess KFC has is you help yourself to drinks you just buy an empty drinks container, ALthough why they bother trying to sell a large when you can go back for more also baffles me.

The Mc Doo here do pancakes for breakfast but dont offer Maple Syrup only Nutella or Jam, And the bacon in the muffins is not so good, I do like a egg and backon Mc Muffin after a heavy night
There is no breakfast in the one in town here - and Monday is closing day.

The one in the city might be different as it gets lots of American clients from the base and the one in Venice always looks busy.

I've only been to the local one once. Took the kids one rainy Sunday because it has a playroom. Was not impressed with the prices though ... 4 Euro for one Happy Meal. Rip-off !
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
There is no breakfast in the one in town here - and Monday is closing day.

The one in the city might be different as it gets lots of American clients from the base and the one in Venice always looks busy.

I've only been to the local one once. Took the kids one rainy Sunday because it has a playroom. Was not impressed with the prices though ... 4 Euro for one Happy Meal. Rip-off !
I had a Zinger Tower today with 9 Chicken Wings, Yum. Had to go to toulouse for a new pair of shoes and visit the Virgin Store. But Ques aside it was yummy.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hawthorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it's just me, but I am a little uncomfortable with the insidious creep of the American fat-bloke burger bar. Its not only the poor quality of the food (did you ever see the docu-film Super-size me'?), but the huge amount of litter created by these outlets. Litter leads to graffiti leads to vandalism leads to burglary leads to serious crime.... this has been studied and proven - see http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5562596.ece

One of the most wonderful things about France (and one of the reasons we are moving there) is that it is so clean and well kept, and if these outlets can ensure that they do not create an unpleasant environment, then all well and good.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Its too easy to blame the fast food companies for litter. Its people and cultures who litter.

France is full of knife shops yet to my knowledge there is no burgeoning knife crime. Nobody blames knife shops for stabbings. Culturally I believe France is different and other than dog mess the streets do seem cleaner.

I wish I could afford a KFC Franchise in my town. I'd clean up and I don't mean litter!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Hawthorn
Maybe it's just me, but I am a little uncomfortable with the insidious creep of the American fat-bloke burger bar. Its not only the poor quality of the food (did you ever see the docu-film Super-size me'?), but the huge amount of litter created by these outlets. Litter leads to graffiti leads to vandalism leads to burglary leads to serious crime.... this has been studied and proven - see http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5562596.ece

One of the most wonderful things about France (and one of the reasons we are moving there) is that it is so clean and well kept, and if these outlets can ensure that they do not create an unpleasant environment, then all well and good.
Sorry I dont buy in to what the times publishes, Litter and Graffitti are very different beasts on the sociological scale. If anything thing I would say you statement is reversed, And most people that have the balls to involve them selves in Serious Crime dont dabble in Burglary.

I have seen everyday suited and booted people create little through laziness, Even when a bin is 10 mtrs away, People just stopped caring unless in effects them directly. Society.

Does smoking pot mean you will end up on heroin?

Originally Posted by wetwang
Its too easy to blame the fast food companies for litter. Its people and cultures who litter.

France is full of knife shops yet to my knowledge there is no burgeoning knife crime. Nobody blames knife shops for stabbings. Culturally I believe France is different and other than dog mess the streets do seem cleaner.

I wish I could afford a KFC Franchise in my town. I'd clean up and I don't mean litter!
I could go out and buy another gun without to much paper work, Funny but there is more gun crime in the UK, Where they are illegal and not avalible over the counter.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 10th 2009 at 8:40 am.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hawthorn

Has anyone else noticed the huge amounts of graffiti on nearly all railway and motorway bridges in France - even in the middle of nowhere? Also, you go into the centre of cities, even otherwise affluent, clean and touristy ones eg. Avignon and see the amount of spray paint on shop shutters etc. I'm not sure if its linked to some sort of accepted social behaviour, that spray paint is cheap, or if youngsters artistic creativeness is being encouraged, but it doesn't half give a bad impression of a place.

Then you see groups of teenagers hanging around who, in the UK, could be part of a knife carrying gang - stepping aside for an elderly passer-by or greeting a family member with three kisses on the cheek...It makes me laugh sometimes.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 9:43 am
Just moved!

rutheglen is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a KFC in Strasbourg too - opened a few months back. Haven't tried it yet...keep meaning to, but there's always somewhere else we'd rather eat. My youngest daughter keeps on about going tho, so I guess we'll try it soon!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

All that grease and fat and unhealthy , ill-presented , difficult-to-digest revolting Anglo-Saxon grub - why ?
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ray51
All that grease and fat and unhealthy , ill-presented , difficult-to-digest revolting Anglo-Saxon grub - why ?
Because it helps with hangovers
Old Aug 30th 2009, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Docthebiker is an unknown quantity at this point

I just hope the French can cook a decent KFC. 'cause you can't get a decent one in the UK any more.
Thanks to Nanny State they've taken most of the salt and tasty fat out, so now the normal KFC (as opposed to spicey) is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.