British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Just in case you feel unappreciated.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/just-case-you-feel-unappreciated-535556/)

sheps May 10th 2008 8:22 am

Just in case you feel unappreciated....

I'm not one of life's natural forum posters.

I'm probably not the only one so this probably means you lot don't get the thanks you deserve.

So I'm posting now to say thanks.

We were 'looking at' moving to France. Now it's actaully happening (October) and a lot of that decision is down to reading 'real life' posts on this forum and getting all the info we possibly could from the threads here.

Quick summary:

Myself, wife and 2 children under three.

I can work from anywhere in the world with a broadband connection so employment isn't an issue. We've decided (again thanks) to rent our place in the UK and rent for a year perhaps two in Normandy.

There are still a lot of small but fiddly decisions to be made - furniture- sell or storage etc, not to mention sorting the health, tax schooling etc - but I just wanted to post to represent all the people who arrive at the forum, ask some questions then bugger off when they've got the info they need.

Thanks Guys - even if we don't post often (which I'll try to rectify) we'll certainly be lurking.

I reckon you're helping more people than you know about :thumbsup:

Sheps

PS I also think that the help and support we've had will continue when we're in France AND that we can pass some of it on to others (spot the hippes!)

Ka Ora! May 10th 2008 8:38 am

Re: Just in case you feel unappreciated....

Originally Posted by sheps (Post 6332150)

I'm probably not the only one so this probably means you lot don't get the thanks you deserve.

We were 'looking at' moving to France. Now it's actaully happening (October) and a lot of that decision is down to reading 'real life' posts on this forum and getting all the info we possibly could from the threads here.

Quick summary:

I can work from anywhere in the world with a broadband connection so employment isn't an issue. We've decided (again thanks) to rent our place in the UK and rent for a year perhaps two in Normandy.

There are still a lot of small but fiddly decisions to be made - furniture- sell or storage etc, not to mention sorting the health, tax schooling etc - but I just wanted to post to represent all the people who arrive at the forum, ask some questions then bugger off when they've got the info they need.

Thanks Guys - even if we don't post often (which I'll try to rectify) we'll certainly be lurking.

Sheps

PS I also think that the help and support we've had will continue when we're in France AND that we can pass some of it on to others (spot the hippes!)

Well im glad its going well for you. If you want to spot hippies move to Ariege it's balls to the walls with them here. hehehe But being that were all PC an everything i think the Politically Correct term these days is New Age Traveler or Eco Warrior not that their dirty gazoil vans are very Eco Friendly. But there still all hairy and unwashed so make sure you stay up wind.

Jazzy n Lol May 10th 2008 8:53 am

Sheps and family - Lovely to hear you are joining our shores come October. Good luck in the future and I hope your move goes smoothly - one tip - start packing now!!! :D

val50 May 10th 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by sheps (Post 6332150)

Quick summary:

Sheps

That's great news, glad to know things are going well and before you know it you will be in France. I don't think it's because I'm in Normandy that we suddenly have so many people moving there, just that it's such a fantastic place:rofl: Look forward to more posts and hearing how the move goes:thumbsup:

L'Acajou May 10th 2008 12:49 pm

I think many of us are so happy here we are a bit evangelical!
Through friends-of-friends, we are expecting some UK farmers here next week, they are thinking about buying a farm in France too, my husband will be in his element extolling the virtues of being a French farmer until the cows come home!

treskillard May 10th 2008 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora! (Post 6332187)
Well im glad its going well for you. If you want to spot hippies move to Ariege it's balls to the walls with them here. hehehe But being that were all PC an everything i think the Politically Correct term these days is New Age Traveler or Eco Warrior not that their dirty gazoil vans are very Eco Friendly. But there still all hairy and unwashed so make sure you stay up wind.

Are you hairy Ka Ora?

cupoftea May 10th 2008 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora! (Post 6332187)
If you want to spot hippies move to Ariege it's balls to the walls with them here. hehehe

That's what makes the Ariège so special and I seem to remember we've started this conversation before ........

Ka Ora! May 10th 2008 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard (Post 6333428)
Are you hairy Ka Ora?

NO..!

treskillard May 10th 2008 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora! (Post 6333519)

NO..!

a little bit ?

cupoftea May 10th 2008 4:10 pm

He protesteth too much.

I saw him this morning in St Girons market. Made me smile, the hairiness of him.

treskillard May 10th 2008 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by cupoftea (Post 6333594)
He protesteth too much.

I saw him this morning in St Girons market. Made me smile, the hairiness of him.

I knew it.

My suspicions confirmed by one whose hairiness is not denied even though thrice croweth le coq (which he won't eat...)

:wub: Ka Ora
:wub:

Ka Ora! May 10th 2008 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by cupoftea (Post 6333594)
He protesteth too much.

I am at a loss, tis maybe that we have met. But who be you. Hair is something i lack unless you see me in the sack. And around i get but having been with you now tis now maybe i forgot. This hole in my head is needing a stopper and the doctor said it may be a whopper (Better than a Big Mac).

Im prone to forgetting people, but i never forget what they drive give us a clue?.

Originally Posted by treskillard (Post 6333611)
I knew it.

My suspicions confirmed by one whose hairiness is not denied even though thrice croweth le coq (which he won't eat...)

:wub: Ka Ora
:wub:

If i could get the Clippers to cut any closer i would need a band aid (Nothing to do with Bob)

rugbymatt May 10th 2008 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora! (Post 6334090)
I am at a loss, tis maybe that we have met. But who be you. Hair is something i lack unless you see me in the sack. And around i get but having been with you now tis now maybe i forgot. This hole in my head is needing a stopper and the doctor said it may be a whopper (Better than a Big Mac).

Im prone to forgetting people, but i never forget what they drive give us a clue?.

you're back on the drugs aren't you?

Ka Ora! May 10th 2008 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 6334098)
you're back on the drugs aren't you?

Never left. Doctor said this thing in my head might have a funny effect on me from time to time so i have an excuse, whats yours?:lol:

cupoftea May 10th 2008 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora! (Post 6334090)
I am at a loss, tis maybe that we have met. But who be you.

I was only joking Ka Ora! No idea what you look like. I am also bald but I wear a very hippy like brightly coloured scarf around my head. One look at me would wind you up no end. But I don't drive a battered ancient van emitting foul fumes, so at least there is that to be thankful for.

Do you cover the hole in your head with anything?