Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Joyeuses fêtes

Joyeuses fêtes

Old Dec 23rd 2023, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joyeuses fêtes

Wot no Christmas thread on 'ere?

Well here's one. Happy Christmas peeps.

Just popped in to see how you all are, it being that time of year, and it's nice to see some familiar names. Hope you are all faring well, and have a healthy and lucky 2024.

ET xx
Old Dec 23rd 2023, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joyeuses fêtes

You too EuroTrash. Great to see you’re still alive & kicking. xx
Old Dec 23rd 2023, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

graham.miln is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you are all well. Joyeuses fêtes.
Old Dec 24th 2023, 8:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

Rosemary
Excuse me, I think that you did not look first!!!

Rosemary

Anyway, Merry Christmas

Last edited by Rosemary; Dec 24th 2023 at 9:32 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2023, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Excuse me, I think that you did not look first!!!

Rosemary

Anyway, Merry Christmas
I did look Rosemary, but since my eyes don't do the time warp thing I didn't see a thread that you posted the following day. For which I can only apologise.

Onwards and upwards, and Happy New Year to you and all the forumites. Keep up the good work
Old Dec 26th 2023, 9:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I did look Rosemary, but since my eyes don't do the time warp thing I didn't see a thread that you posted the following day. For which I can only apologise.

Onwards and upwards, and Happy New Year to you and all the forumites. Keep up the good work

Ha, ha, not sure what has happened. Your thread did not show up on my screen until after I had put my thread on, oh the joys of the internet!!! . As you said, time warp thingy. . I should have put some smilies to emphasize that I was having a bit of fun with you.

Have a great 2024.

Rosemary
Old Dec 28th 2023, 7:54 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Wot no Christmas thread on 'ere?

Well here's one. Happy Christmas peeps.

Just popped in to see how you all are, it being that time of year, and it's nice to see some familiar names. Hope you are all faring well, and have a healthy and lucky 2024.

ET xx
Hi, just come back from a break and it's a bit late for Christmas, but All the Best for 2024! Especially Good Health, and the rest follows.....
Old Dec 28th 2023, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, just come back from a break and it's a bit late for Christmas, but All the Best for 2024! Especially Good Health, and the rest follows.....
And the same to you dmu, hope you had a lovely Christmas (daughter's?) and nice to see you still visit the forum.
Old Dec 29th 2023, 7:08 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

And the same to you dmu, hope you had a lovely Christmas (daughter's?) and nice to see you still visit the forum.
Yes, thanks! A Joyeuse Fête at DD2's in Lyon, with gastronomical (albeit mainly veggie), cultural (3 museum visits), and sporty (descent from La Fourvière and Croix Rousse on foot) delights!
(I do look in every day, but haven't contributed much recently....)
Old Dec 31st 2023, 7:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking of gastronomy, what do members generally eat at Christmas and New Year, and when? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? New Year's Eve or 1st Jan?
Personally, I can't stand/digest traditional French fare, except for smoked salmon, and thankfully OH couldn't either. Oysters, shell-fish, crustaceans, foie gras, chestnuts, bûche,.... were never for us. Unfortunately a typical British Christmas Dinner didn't ever go down well with OH, so we always made up our own different-from-usual meals.
If in-laws were here, we made an effort with the menus and threw in the Christmas Eve Réveillon as an extra, otherwise the main meals were (still are) always at lunch time on D-Day.
So, do you continue to eat a good old British Christmas Dinner, pud and all, or have you been converted to feasts à la française?
Old Dec 31st 2023, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
Talking of gastronomy, what do members generally eat at Christmas and New Year, and when? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? New Year's Eve or 1st Jan?
Confit de canard here tomorrow, although here is actually Wales.
Earlier this year I spent 4 months down in the Lot and I stocked up while I was there, so one way and another duck has been a feature of the menu during 2023.
We're thinking a late lunch. Our ageing digestions are finding it increasingly hard to cope with heavy meals in the evening.
Christmas Day was a traditional Estonian cold table (him being half Estonian, it's what he always does). Various fish, cold meats, rosolje, breads etc, Complete with vodka and again, a late lunch.