Reload this Page >

Job opportunities with Expats?

Job opportunities with Expats?

Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Scotty_Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job opportunities with Expats?

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for some assistance/guidance on how best to source a summer job in France, working for a member of the expat community.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:07 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job opportunities with Expats?

Originally Posted by Scotty_Dog
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for some assistance/guidance on how best to source a summer job in France, working for a member of the expat community.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum, Cant personally say I have found any better places for finding jobs like that but im not looking. It's kind of preferred not to ask the same question in each section but group the questions and stick them in the General Europe section as most users here get about on the Forum. Bars and Cafes have a lot more casual work more so in the summer as the summer holiday season kicks in. Where abouts in France to you want to work and what trades are you thinking about? Dont forget that unemployment is very high here at the moment. But good luck and once again welcome.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 9th 2011 at 2:15 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Apologies if I have broken site etiquette. It's all very busy, loud and difficult to navigate to a newbie.

Regards summer job, I have nothing specific in mind but would much prefer having a position secured, as opposed travelling around to find one.

I have no second language therefore I thought working for an expat, or in an expat community, would be my easiest route to job abroad for the summer.

Basically I'm looking at anything that provides accommodation and doesn't constitute slave labour.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Scotty_Dog
Apologies if I have broken site etiquette. It's all very busy, loud and difficult to navigate to a newbie.

Regards summer job, I have nothing specific in mind but would much prefer having a position secured, as opposed travelling around to find one.

I have no second language therefore I thought working for an expat, or in an expat community, would be my easiest route to job abroad for the summer.

Basically I'm looking at anything that provides accommodation and doesn't constitute slave labour.
You might want to look at one of those web sites devoted to work thats paid in labour and food. I forget what its called but I know some folk that had folk come and work on their B&B guest house thingy from all over the world. Anyroad there are web sites devoted to this kind of traveling and working lark
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:08 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
You might want to look at one of those web sites devoted to work thats paid in labour and food. I forget what its called but I know some folk that had folk come and work on their B&B guest house thingy from all over the world. Anyroad there are web sites devoted to this kind of traveling and working lark
Hi, here are a couple:
http://www.wwoof.org/
http://www.helpx.net/findhosts.asp?network=3

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by dmu
Ta like..
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

DMU - thanks for the links.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:34 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome, both!
I happened to know, as one of my daughters is consulting them both at the moment...
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

Try

www.hotrecruit.com

They have listings of seasonal jobs in France.