Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

It's Quiz Night

It's Quiz Night

Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:46 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's Quiz Night

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As cryptic as you might expect from a cryptologist.

Anyway: your turn!

<but not too hard please>
Ok a google challenge the tools are all there to decrypt this:

SPjovVDgpyWnVbpBemht7wO359blUAOpD0E=

I started by using the Caesar Cipher Shift 19 and then to complicate matters RC4 Base64 encryption engine available online so to decrypt it the Cycle will have to be reversed the password is howtocreate use it well.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!

I started by using the Caesar Cipher Shift 19 and then to complicate matters RC4 Base64 encryption engine available online so to decrypt it the Cycle will have to be reversed the password is howtocreate use it well.
Can I use the "switch"?, or call a friend?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:33 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!

Ooooh. Thank you for the clues. I think I have it -

Fault Lies In Ourselves
Old Jun 24th 2008, 1:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol

Fault Lies In Ourselves
Bloody hell! I've just logged in after breakfast and its already solved! You guys are too good for me.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:01 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Fault Lies In Ourselves

Well Googled

Your go.......
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:49 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Fault Lies In Ourselves

1hr 47mns
Well done.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

OK you beat me, I got as far as finding the new text after using the Ceaser Cipher, but couldn't get it to decrypt into anything readable, despite respecting the EXACT instructions, and "using the password well!".

What went wrong?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:32 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdale100
OK you beat me, I got as far as finding the new text after using the Ceaser Cipher, but couldn't get it to decrypt into anything readable, despite respecting the EXACT instructions, and "using the password well!".

What went wrong?
It's because you tried using a ch'tipher
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:34 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stanage2
1hr 47mns
Well done.

Ahem. Actually, it took less than 10 minutes from reading it. AND I didn't ask Lol!

My turn =

Why have the letters below been classified into the following groups?

* C E F G H I J K L M N S T U V W X Y Z
* A D O P Q R
* B
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol;
Ahem. Actually, it took less than 10 minutes from reading it. AND I didn't ask Lol!

My turn =

Why have the letters below been classified into the following groups?

* C E F G H I J K L M N S T U V W X Y Z
* A D O P Q R
* B
We're all loopy though.

Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by treskillard
It's because you tried using a ch'tipher
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

CEFGHIJKLMNSTUVWXYZ - no enclosed area

ADOPQR - one enclosed area (in some fonts, Q encloses two)

B - two enclosed areas

Easy googling job
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Damn; I just realised it's my turn.

Let's try this one,

A sport containing 2 "i"s consecutively in its' name can be practised in a state containing 2 "i"s consecutively in its' name.

Which sport and which state?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:22 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by sdale100;
CEFGHIJKLMNSTUVWXYZ - no enclosed area

ADOPQR - one enclosed area (in some fonts, Q encloses two)

B - two enclosed areas

Easy googling job
errr. that's wot I said.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:23 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by sdale100;
Damn; I just realised it's my turn.

Let's try this one,

A sport containing 2 "i"s consecutively in its' name can be practised in a state containing 2 "i"s consecutively in its' name.

Which sport and which state?
Skiing in Hawaii?

(more likely waterskiing, though)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.