Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old May 6th 2009, 11:56 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by themoose
hey-low
Hallo Mr Moose
Old May 6th 2009, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by treskillard
she wasn't talking to you
Hello Tres,I talk to anyone,even you
Old May 6th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Hallo Mr Moose
hello dish.
Lovely day. Take some time and wet you feet in the sea
Old May 6th 2009, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by themoose
hello dish.
Lovely day. Take some time and wet you feet in the sea
It's gorgeous today,'bout 85 degrees methinks.I may dip my toes in me pool later
Old May 6th 2009, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Apple Blossom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody!!!
I am quite curious and I have few questions to ask, I would like to know if someone could help me:
How do English expats do to move to France: do they prepare everything from England alone and finish every details in France?
Is there someone to contact in France who could help (from what is called la Mairie (the hall), la Préfecture, or even an association with someone to contact)?
Once you have moved into your French house, is there any association where English people can stay in touch and share moments, advice....?
Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!
Old May 6th 2009, 5:16 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Apple Blossom
Hello everybody!!!
I am quite curious and I have few questions to ask, I would like to know if someone could help me:
How do English expats do to move to France: do they prepare everything from England alone and finish every details in France?
Is there someone to contact in France who could help (from what is called la Mairie (the hall), la Préfecture, or even an association with someone to contact)?
Once you have moved into your French house, is there any association where English people can stay in touch and share moments, advice....?
British Expats is were we all stay in touch and the local bar When we moved we pretty much did it blind. Purchased the house and delt with all the paper wrangling when we arrived. We used one of those move to France books to begin with and within an hour or two chucked it in the bin as they are out dated. As you get questions ask them here....

Welcome to the forum
Old May 6th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Hi - you have that huge 100 years war re-enactment or something don't you at Castillon? It is by Dordogne not in it by the way unless you are a fish. My friend has organised the firework display there in the past. Its a good event isn't it?
The Castillion event is remarkable and well worth going out of your way to see.
Old May 7th 2009, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Mitichal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - you have that huge 100 years war re-enactment or something don't you at Castillon? It is by Dordogne not in it by the way unless you are a fish. My friend has organised the firework display there in the past. Its a good event isn't it?
Hi Treskillard,
What I should have said was 'in the Dordogne region'.... I don't have a houseboat! And I'm further north than Castillon, but no one would have heard of this commune. No river, just lakes.
I went to the Battle re-enactment there a couple of years ago, before moving to France.... it was really good, but started very late: perhaps to give the best backdrop of a night sky for your friend's fireworks! There was a meal before the show, and the chap sitting opposite looked just like Saddam Hussein! The highlight of the spectacle was when a horse took fright and the unseated rider had to run after it. It's well worth a visit.
Kind regards,
Mitch.
Old May 7th 2009, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Mitichal is an unknown quantity at this point

..... I meant to say, 'Thanks' to those of you who said, "Hi", so

Thanks to those of you who said, "Hi".

Mitch.
Old May 7th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Apple Blossom
Hello everybody!!!
Welcome Apple Blossom
The books are very helpful if only so you know the sorts of questions to ask such as,'Does the temperature drop to minus 30 in winter?' or 'Will the internet work where I am?' Do improve your French as much as possible before you arrive. Despite what the adverts say it takes time and you can't integrate without it. If you are a couple ideally you should both learn and be prepared to drive. Ultimately you can't plan everything and just have to jump and hope that fortune favours you.
Today it's warm and sunny. The golden orioles are singing in the trees next to the river at the end of my garden. The wild strawberries are growing in profusion and I'm preparing for a get together this evening with friends who come from England, France, Scotland and Mexico. I am also worried sick about not getting my tax return in on time, whether the exchange rate will worsen and driven up the wall by ongoing computer problems. Just a little taste of life here.
Have a good day.
Old May 7th 2009, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Apple Blossom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for your cordial welcome!
In fact I plan to buy a house in Brittany, somewhere between Perros-Guirrec and Saint-Brieuc (north). I would like to know if someone knows a good estate agency in this part of Brittany...
I come here to enjoy the French way of life....However I would be very pleased to meet some fellow countrymen living in Brittany!
I also plan to bring my boat and keep it in a french marina, I would like to know if someone has a boat and where it is stored....I heard talking about dry stack marinas, is there any in Brittany? (my French is quite poor...)
Have a good day too!
Old May 26th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Hello.

My wife and I are still uk bound but hope to move to France in July 2010. We are looking at Midi Pyrenees (me) or Languedoc (wife) for our move. My wife has friends near Carcassonne.

Lots to sort out, tax laws for working in France for a uk company, schools, health care etc which is why we have given ourselves plenty of time.

Any advice welcome.

I'm sure you'll be hearing lot from me in the future.
Old May 27th 2009, 12:57 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loy loy
Hello.

My wife and I are still uk bound but hope to move to France in July 2010. We are looking at Midi Pyrenees (me) or Languedoc (wife) for our move. My wife has friends near Carcassonne.

Lots to sort out, tax laws for working in France for a uk company, schools, health care etc which is why we have given ourselves plenty of time.

Any advice welcome.

I'm sure you'll be hearing lot from me in the future.

Welcome to the Forum, Lot's of helpful people here, Somewhere.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Thank you
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

tessa-mikebrown is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, im new to all this and currently stuck in the uk but hope to be in france 1 day soon xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.