Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Mar 11th 2017, 10:55 am
Just Joined

eghhpeter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie
Hello Everyone,
We are Jenny and Charlie Davies. We have lived permanantly in France since August 2008. We are in Auros, Gironde, not far from Bordeaux. We have bought a plot of land and are having a bungalow built as we speak. I am a retired Postwoman originating from East London and Charlie is a retired White Van delivery Man originating from Gloucester. Before we left England we were living in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex. I know we may be of the minority, but we are really enjoying our new life in France and know that we will not return to England to live. We brought our two retired, rescue Greyhounds with us as well.
Hi I'm Peter Murry 73 at at present partly living on Crete, Greece and I'm thinking of moving to your area. Can you help me with Long Term rental advice please.

I'm ex UK and lost my wife in Jan 2016
Old Mar 11th 2017, 11:10 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eghhpeter
Hi I'm Peter Murry 73 at at present partly living on Crete, Greece and I'm thinking of moving to your area. Can you help me with Long Term rental advice please.

I'm ex UK and lost my wife in Jan 2016
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Post again in a New Thread (button, top left) and mention Rental and the area of your choice in the title, as this is simply a section for Introductions. Others not in the area can also help generally - take a look in the pertinent thread in the Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs for the financial conditions generally required by French landlords.... Likewise the thread "Growing Old in France" which focusses on retirees' language skills and healthcare coverage. In view of your age, I'd recommend choosing a location not far from medical facilities - as you get older, you tend to consult more often!
Old Mar 11th 2017, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

eghhpeter is an unknown quantity at this point

Confused ?? Top Left is HOME BUTTON ?
Old Mar 11th 2017, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

The blue button just below "wiki links" labelled "new thread"
Old Mar 11th 2017, 4:54 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eghhpeter
Confused ?? Top Left is HOME BUTTON ?
Sorry, I should have said ABOVE left!
Old Mar 11th 2017, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Vinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Sorry, I should have said ABOVE left!
If all else fails, you can just follow this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/newth...newthread&f=76
Old Apr 19th 2017, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Plastique Bertrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Bonjour, Just saying Hi! we are living in the Pyrenees full time from May 17 and interested to hear from others in the region.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 5:21 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinosity
If all else fails, you can just follow this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/newth...newthread&f=76
Or you can Click HERE
Old May 1st 2017, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Jovo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ms

Hi
My partner and myself are hoping to move to south of france. We are looking for advice regarding this. Neither of us work so wondered obout heal care expense, cost of living in general and who's best to find you a property? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Yvonne and John.
Old May 1st 2017, 11:56 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Ms

Originally Posted by Jovo
Hi
My partner and myself are hoping to move to south of france. We are looking for advice regarding this. Neither of us work so wondered obout heal care expense, cost of living in general and who's best to find you a property? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Yvonne and John.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
This is simply an Introduction Thread and your enquiry will be swallowed up by the following one. Post again in a New Thread, giving more details about yourselves (how far from UK State Pension? How is your French?), so that we can give the best advice.
For a start, read a few of the Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs below, especially the threads on "Healthcare" (the most recent posts concerning the PUMA System for "inactifs"), "Partner" status in France, esp. if you're buying property, "Inheritance".... The "Minimum income" thread is out of date, but official French statistics say that a couple can SURVIVE on about 1500€ per month, but this only covers rent and the basics.
If neither of you is working, are you both retired? otherwise what are you going to live on? Bear in mind that all world-wide income has to be declared to the French Tax Office.... If you are simply "partners", and not legally bound, you'll be two individuals, with double the bureaucracy to cope with, and it might be advisable to get married!
Old May 13th 2017, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

petek782 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. Looking to move back to France.

Cheers
Old May 13th 2017, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petek782
Hi everyone. Looking to move back to France.

Cheers
You said on t'other thread that you hadn't settled back in the UK. Could you flag up why, specifically? Sorry to appear nosy but would be very interested to know, if you don't mind sharing. I guess with Brexit and all, a number of us are wondering what if...
Old May 13th 2017, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

petek782 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
You said on t'other thread that you hadn't settled back in the UK. Could you flag up why, specifically? Sorry to appear nosy but would be very interested to know, if you don't mind sharing. I guess with Brexit and all, a number of us are wondering what if...
I prefer the French way of living, aperitif, cafés, restaurants, buying my baguette in the morning, buying proper meat from a butcher, calves liver, araignée and bavette steaks. I could go on. I also miss the French countryside, the mountains, three different seas, I don't know how many climates etc.. I miss the grillons singing away in the evening etc... I could go on but I would become a bore 😁
Old May 18th 2017, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Jovo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We are John and Yvonne. We are from scotland we are looking to move to Vendee area next year. We are hoping to go for holiday to look at properties to give us an idea of what we would like. Is there any companies who do this. I.e show you around, give advice etc any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
John, Yvonne
Old May 18th 2017, 3:25 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jovo
Hi
We are John and Yvonne. We are from scotland we are looking to move to Vendee area next year. We are hoping to go for holiday to look at properties to give us an idea of what we would like. Is there any companies who do this. I.e show you around, give advice etc any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
John, Yvonne
Hi, and welcome to the France forum once again!
Not wishing to split hairs, but Vendée isn't in the South of France as mentioned in your other thread.
I can't advise on companies to assist you, but would once again advise you, if you are still simply "partners", to consult the Notaire, before you sign anything, as to how to protect your respective interests. French Laws on Inheritance/Succession aren't kind to couples who aren't legally bound....
You'll get more response to your queries if you post again in a New Thread in the main part of the forum below. This post will be swallowed up by the following introduction post, and members in the area might not see it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.