Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Oct 21st 2013, 1:02 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by WATTO.CW
Hi all

I retired last year and living near Brighton. I used to live near Rennes from 1997 to 2004 when due to insanity I came back to England. Due to the extreme cost of living I've decided to move back to France. I've decided to go to Limoges for a few months and then go down to Carcassone. I'm lucky since my mother was French, I speak French and I understand the French mentality - strange though it sometimes is. I should have a pension in France but claiming it is fraught with difficulty.
Welcome to BE, I hope you will enjoy being part of our little online community
Old Nov 11th 2013, 6:21 am
tij
Just Joined

tij is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi one and all. My name is Ian, my wife Theresa and son Jack are moving to St. martin de jussac in the haute Vienne in April 14. Are any of you in that area, do you have any information regarding anything really that would help us.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tij
Hi one and all. My name is Ian, my wife Theresa and son Jack are moving to St. martin de jussac in the haute Vienne in April 14. Are any of you in that area, do you have any information regarding anything really that would help us.
Hi and welcome to the forum (again)!
I've just replied in your other thread, but we can't give info without knowing whether you're jobseeking/working/"of leisure". Your healthcare coverage for example depends on your status.
Post specific questions on the main forum below, this section is for Introductions and any questions will get swallowed up by the following posts...
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Faysie53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry will do. Thanks again.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

julie.a is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I'm Julie, my boyfriend and I are relocating to Sallanches shortly. He's an mountain leader and is already there, I'll follow as soon as we have accommodation . We've been living in Abruzzo, Italy for the last 2 years so we're used to being expats. We know nothing about France though so this'll be a learning curve for us both.
I sell vintage/Italian handbags on ebay, so I'll be looking forward to trawling the French markets!
Nice meeting you all!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 2:26 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie.a
Hi there

I'm Julie, my boyfriend and I are relocating to Sallanches shortly. He's an mountain leader and is already there, I'll follow as soon as we have accommodation . We've been living in Abruzzo, Italy for the last 2 years so we're used to being expats. We know nothing about France though so this'll be a learning curve for us both.
I sell vintage/Italian handbags on ebay, so I'll be looking forward to trawling the French markets!
Nice meeting you all!
Hi julie - way west of us, way west .... not sure how many French expats are in your neck of the woods, but others will be along to say 'hi'. Hope you've both got your thermals !

Last edited by cjm; Dec 6th 2013 at 2:26 pm. Reason: pselling
Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:52 am
Just Joined

frenchie911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clareann04
Hello - My name is Clare I am currently an ex-pat Brit living with my husband in Switzerland. My husband is only a few more years away from retirement and we have recently started to look for a holiday/retirement home to purchase in France. The grand plan is to also have a small property in the West Country, probably Somerset where we will divide our time with family and friends living in England.
Our experience in Switzerland is that our lack of language skills here (German) has been a barrier to really getting to know the local community. We hope this will not be a problem in France as we both have a reasonable grasp on the language and we want to integrate and build on what we know and learn more.
Having said that it would be great to find an English speaking community in France where we will eventually settle.
We are looking for an area where we can enjoy the 'great outdoors' where the weather is not too extreme in winter. Hot summers we can cope with!
We only have a small budget for France - about £80k - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Clare
Hi

Have you thought about the Correze, Limousin area, in particular 10 minutes from Argentat
Have you found a house yet?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:02 am
Just Joined

frenchie911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tij
Hi i'm Karan
Welcome and good luck with the move this year

We are in the Correze, about 2hr 20 minutes away from you and have a daughter that started Uni in Bordeaux this year.

Please feel free to contact us about anything, hopefully we can help
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Fernleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm intending to move to Bergerac area next month, looking forward to sharing some experiences and receiving advice!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning Fernleigh and welcome. You will find us a pretty friendly bunch, although prone to the occasional grumpiness.
If you need help or information just post a bit more detail and someone will pass by soon enough (metaphorically speaking).
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

macgyver is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello .

It looks like we could be heading to Lyon or there abouts. We both want to live in France, and work are talking about relocating me. It's not definite yet but the signs are looking good.

Anyone with advice on Lyon and in particular the east (the job would be in Dagneux), that would be great. Don't mind commuting, (I would love a ~15mile commute on bicycle which is what I do now), advice on where to live would especially be welcome!

Last edited by macgyver; Jan 8th 2014 at 3:15 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:15 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macgyver
Hello .

It looks like we could be heading to Lyon or there abouts. We both want to live in France, and work are talking about relocating me. It's not definite yet but the signs are looking good.

Anyone with advice on Lyon and in particular the east (the job would be in Dagneux), that would be great. Don't mind commuting, (I would love a ~15mile commute on bicycle which is what I do now), advice on where to live would especially be welcome!
Hi again! You may do well to post again in the main section of the forum (like your other post). This section is to introduce yourself and any specific questions will tend to get swallowed up by the following introduction posts.
There are quite a few BE members in the Lyon area who can help, who don't necessarily look in the Introduction Thread...
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Kazzza26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Well Hi again................we've actually made it & we are now living in Loches France and so far so good
Old Jan 11th 2014, 3:10 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kazzza26
Well Hi again................we've actually made it & we are now living in Loches France and so far so good
Congratulations glad it's going well
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:28 am
Just Joined

ChickenBorg is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello!

Hello everyone, just joined the forum as it looks likely that we will be making a move to Lyon from sunny Suffolk in the summer - I am off to search the other forum posts for ideas and information now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.