Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Apr 21st 2013, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

andy1302 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie
Hello Everyone,
We are Jenny and Charlie Davies. We have lived permanantly in France since August 2008. We are in Auros, Gironde, not far from Bordeaux. We have bought a plot of land and are having a bungalow built as we speak. I am a retired Postwoman originating from East London and Charlie is a retired White Van delivery Man originating from Gloucester. Before we left England we were living in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex. I know we may be of the minority, but we are really enjoying our new life in France and know that we will not return to England to live. We brought our two retired, rescue Greyhounds with us as well.
Hi,Our names are Andy and Cheryl Hislop,we having given it some thought have decided we would like to re-locate to the area around Limoges.We are wondering if there are any tips regarding self-employed tax,and any other things that you think would be useful.We are nearing the end of our renovation of our cottage in Cumbria.Simply disillusioned with life in the U.K now and looking for a better climate...We also have 4 Ragdoll cats and a retired Greyhound...who will be coming with us.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:07 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy1302
Hi,Our names are Andy and Cheryl Hislop,we having given it some thought have decided we would like to re-locate to the area around Limoges.We are wondering if there are any tips regarding self-employed tax,and any other things that you think would be useful.We are nearing the end of our renovation of our cottage in Cumbria.Simply disillusioned with life in the U.K now and looking for a better climate...We also have 4 Ragdoll cats and a retired Greyhound...who will be coming with us.
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
You may do better to post again in the main Section ("New Thread"), specific questions tending to get swallowed up by the following threads, to ask about the Auto-Entrepreneur régime, or a Forum Search (top right) will show you plenty of threads on the subject.
It's not just tax to think about, but also contributions to the S.S. for your healthcare. What is your line of work? Have you got children's education to think about or are you nearer to retirement? Ask away in the main Section!
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:10 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy1302
Welcome Andy, there are a great many questions in your post, which others more knowledgeable than I will offer advice on. You need to set out in some detail what you want. Jobs, French language, schooling as appropriate, financial support.
France is tough. Wok/jobs scarce. UK 'artisans' are not the same in France. Lots more .... but there is something in France that may settle your needs.
Have you been to France? Holiday? What do you know of the country? It is not a grass is greener life .... as I said more practical advice will follow. Perhaps post on the main section?
Oops, dmu responded before my post landed.

Last edited by cjm; Apr 21st 2013 at 6:11 pm. Reason: Update
Old May 6th 2013, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Ecosteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi eveyone! Think i've done this the wrong way round as i have made a post and now introducing myself! I am in Bretagne and I would especially like to chat with members who are running their own business anywhere in france - in fact anywhere in europe!
Old May 6th 2013, 10:29 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ecosteve
Hi eveyone! Think i've done this the wrong way round as i have made a post and now introducing myself! I am in Bretagne and I would especially like to chat with members who are running their own business anywhere in france - in fact anywhere in europe!
Hi - welcome - no worries whichever way. There's a few on here who work in France. What interests you business-wise. I do a bit, remotely on-line.
Old May 7th 2013, 7:15 am
Just Joined

MAGELANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Bonjour
I am not really British... But I don't feel that much French either...
My oldest daughter, Oceane (10) was born in India, and the youngest, Thaïs (7)in Brussels...
So we would be happy to meet Brits, Canadian, Australian, American... Living in Tours or around, as we will soon be moving there.... After 13 years abroad!
Any tips? Info? Advices... Tell me all about the city and your life here!
Looking forward for meeting you!

Last edited by MAGELANE; May 7th 2013 at 7:18 am. Reason: Add info
Old May 7th 2013, 11:22 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAGELANE
Hello Bonjour
I am not really British... But I don't feel that much French either...
My oldest daughter, Oceane (10) was born in India, and the youngest, Thaïs (7)in Brussels...
So we would be happy to meet Brits, Canadian, Australian, American... Living in Tours or around, as we will soon be moving there.... After 13 years abroad!
Any tips? Info? Advices... Tell me all about the city and your life here!
Looking forward for meeting you!
I'm not in France but wanted to stop by and welcome you to our little BE community. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay with us. We have folk from all over the globe here
Old May 7th 2013, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

MAGELANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
I'm not in France but wanted to stop by and welcome you to our little BE community. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay with us. We have folk from all over the globe here
Thank you Sue!
We are still in Egypt for now... with a great BE community!
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Nikki1308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
I have been living in France (Paris area) for 2.5 years and have only just found this site! I do need some advice on some specific issues but I'll have a look on the main board first in case my questions have already been asked!
Looking forward to meeting you!
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Faysie53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the site. It is very informative and very helpful. If you fancy a trip south to Orleans you would be made more than welcome.
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Nikki. There are indeed loads of knowledgeable and helpful members. In fact I cannot recall an occasion where someone's inquiry has not been answered. Feel free. We are very friendly - although someone does occasionally get out of bed on the wrong side!
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:06 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nikki1308
Hi Everyone,
I have been living in France (Paris area) for 2.5 years and have only just found this site! I do need some advice on some specific issues but I'll have a look on the main board first in case my questions have already been asked!
Looking forward to meeting you!
Welcome Nikki - use the Search facility as a start, but if not what you are looking for, post a fresh thread and there will be plenty of responses. We only visited Paris once, but loved it.
Old May 25th 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

TigersEye is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I currently live in Jersey Channel Islands with my husband and our three children (twin daughters age 14 and our son age 4)
My in-laws currently live in Wales and we are all planning to move to France in about two years (after my girls complete their GCSE exams!)
My mother-in-law speaks fluent Breton so we're looking at the Brittany area, most likely the Morbihon departément.
We're hoping to have a gite business but I am also doing the TEFL qualification to teach. I am hoping to build up clientele for Reiki and reflexology treatments as well. My daughters have interests in hairdressing, childcare and animals so I'm hoping they can find some work in those fields eventually. Maybe as a tour guide or volunteer at the Branféré animal park!
My French is pretty basic but I'll be working on that over the next two years.
I just wanted to say hi and wondered if there were any other families in the area who might know of good schools, possible work opportunities in the area.
Looking forward to speaking with you
Jodie
Old May 25th 2013, 1:37 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TigersEye
Hi everyone,
I currently live in Jersey Channel Islands with my husband and our three children (twin daughters age 14 and our son age 4)
My in-laws currently live in Wales and we are all planning to move to France in about two years (after my girls complete their GCSE exams!)
My mother-in-law speaks fluent Breton so we're looking at the Brittany area, most likely the Morbihon departément.
We're hoping to have a gite business but I am also doing the TEFL qualification to teach. I am hoping to build up clientele for Reiki and reflexology treatments as well. My daughters have interests in hairdressing, childcare and animals so I'm hoping they can find some work in those fields eventually. Maybe as a tour guide or volunteer at the Branféré animal park!
I just wanted to say hi and wondered if there were any other families in the area who might know of good schools, possible work opportunities in the area.
Jodie
Welcome Jodie - once had a ring with a Tiger's Eye stone in it, when I was a lot, lot younger. Lots to search for on the forum via the top right button, but ask any specific questions and someone will be along to answer as best they can.
Old May 25th 2013, 3:23 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TigersEye
Hi everyone,
Jodie
Welcome to the Forum The search function is currently busted but Jodie you can search by using Google on the Morbihon site:britishexpats.com

On a side note Jodie I suggest you start a new thread in the main France Section to let folk post in for feedback etc....

Last edited by Chatter Static; May 25th 2013 at 3:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.