Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:11 am
Just Joined

suedawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi
I chose Perpignan for the climate (for health reasons), ease of UK flights to visit family, fairly reasonable property prices and the town and surrounding area look beautiful. Does anyone have any thoughts re this area?
Old Mar 24th 2013, 10:09 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suedawson
Hi
I chose Perpignan for the climate (for health reasons), ease of UK flights to visit family, fairly reasonable property prices and the town and surrounding area look beautiful. Does anyone have any thoughts re this area?
Been a visitor in the area, but unable to assist with local info. Why not post again on the main site, you may get more response.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

mags-eddie is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there,
new to this site but have been a lurker for a while.
finally made the huge decision to move lock stock and barrel to france next april when i retire. we are looking at limousin because at the moment we live in the north of england and the climate is abysmal. hoping for something a little bit warmer.
ed and i have been together for 22 plus years and have a fab daughter of 20.
the notion of being married has never has never really been an issue, until we started looking at the tax and inheritance issues in france.
guess who's now getting married at xmas 2013 mainly because of french tax laws.
mind you he did get all romantic when he proposed.bless his cotton socks.
thank you france.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Mags-Eddie
Well best of luck to you both. You will find loads of helpful people on the forum and lots of good advice. I am constantly surprised at how generous people are with their time.
Limousin is lovely - although here in the Charente we call it cold over there! Limoges is a very useful airport, loads of flights.
Research your health cover carefully - you will find loads of helpful advice but all saying the same underlying thing. Tie all loose ends up carefully.
Is your daughter coming too? Be aware employment is a tough call here.
Do you speak French? If not - start learning! Not only does it make life easier, but France is much more enjoyable if you actually know what people are talking about.
Any questions, just give a shout. Someone will be along - most of them far more knowledgeable than I.

Bienvenue en France!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

mags-eddie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks bigglesworth,
we have actually been looking at the charente, (on the internet that is) but it looked a bit flat and not many woody bits. maybe the houses we were looking at were not in the interesting parts. we still have a lot of research to do on location. no our daughter is waiting to join the armed forces so will not be coming with us. just me, ed, and one (two if i get my way) dogs. hoping to come over in sept. to do a recce. as to locations.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Good afternoon !

I cannot believe that I have not yet introduced myself in this sub-section of the forum when I was supposed to before starting posting

Well, my name is Karim, I am 46 years old and I am currently at my home in the Charente Poitou enjoying a well deserved break after nearly 19 straight years of working within the ever demanding Hospitality industry throughout the world.

I have lived in many places over the years such as New Zealand, Australia, Canada and of course, the UK

Those of you who already know my Postcards from England thread know how utterly in love I am with England and my special fondness for everything Victorian

I am not at all embarrassed to say that I could be, in a way, the spiritual son of Hyacinth "Bouquet" and I love it !

From Chesterfield seaters to Portmeiron Botanic dishes, Britain is everywhere in a home that was a true labour of love for the 20 years that took its renovation

Thank you for welcoming me in the French section !

Karim

Last edited by victorian67; Mar 29th 2013 at 3:14 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 5:24 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67
Good afternoon !

I cannot believe that I have not yet introduced myself in this sub-section of the forum when I was supposed to before starting posting

Well, my name is Karim, I am 46 years old and I am currently at my home in the Charente Poitou enjoying a well deserved break after nearly 19 straight years of working within the ever demanding Hospitality industry throughout the world.

I have lived in many places over the years such as New Zealand, Australia, Canada and of course, the UK

Those of you who already know my Postcards from England thread know how utterly in love I am with England and my special fondness for everything Victorian

I am not at all embarrassed to say that I could be, in a way, the spiritual son of Hyacinth "Bouquet" and I love it !

From Chesterfield seaters to Portmeiron Botanic dishes, Britain is everywhere in a home that was a true labour of love for the 20 years that took its renovation

Thank you for welcoming me in the French section !

Karim
Welcome to the Forum,
Old Mar 30th 2013, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

orangeypeeps is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
With the influx of new members in the France Section of the Forum somewhere for the Newer members to say Hi and the Old ones as well.

So come on then?
Hello all.......new here and am thinking of driving down through France and would like to know where to go who and what to see....travelling on my own....
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:44 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangeypeeps
Hello all.......new here and am thinking of driving down through France and would like to know where to go who and what to see....travelling on my own....
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Maybe you should start by saying where your port of arrival and where your final destination is? Calais to Barcelona wouldn't be the same as Roscoff to Bilbao...
In fact, you'd do better to post a New Thread on the subject, as this Thread is for introductions and any questions tend to get swallowed up by the following posts...
Once again, welcome!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:09 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum

As Dmu said this thread is for introductions so feel free to start a new thread for others to respond to, Dont forget we have Le Rendez-Vous for off France/topic chat as well. Should you get any issues with the genral functionality of the site then head over to the Site Feedback section.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Welcome aboard

If you could possibly let me know which region you intend to travel or visit, I will be delighted to help you with your sightseeing, lodging and eating options

Just ring the bell

Karim
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

orangeypeeps is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to you all..........I have no plans as such but as I am a Devon based lady maybe Roscoff as a starting point and any suggestions from there would be most welcome
Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Beesr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My name is Bee, I've been living in Paris since October!
I came here for an internship which turned into a job very recently. My french is intermediate. I'm now looking to find myself a new apartment as I have been living all over the place since October, and was wondering if anyone is about to move from a nice place or knows anyone who is!!? I work long hours and would like to move in mid to late May!

If anyone has any pointers for flat hunting in Paris (I've been looking on Seloger and other similar sites!

Bee
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:05 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beesr
Hi,
I came here for an internship which turned into a job very recently. My french is intermediate. I'm now looking to find myself a new apartment as I have been living all over the place since October, and was wondering if anyone is about to move from a nice place or knows anyone who is!!? I work long hours and would like to move in mid to late May!

If anyone has any pointers for flat hunting in Paris (I've been looking on Seloger and other similar sites!

Bee
Hi Bee, welcome, I can't help with Paris but others will have knowledge.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:05 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by Beesr
Hi,

Bee
Welcome to the Forum, Cant help with Paris directly but if you need any other help don't hesitate to ask..

If you have any questions on the Site's intermingling's there is the Site Feedback Section and for Off Topic chat there is
Le Rendez-Vous

Last edited by Chatter Static; Apr 17th 2013 at 8:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.