Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Jul 31st 2012, 3:09 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by FabulousFaces
Hello! Nice to meet you all, Myself and my partner are just about to make the jump from London to Nice, he'll be working in Monaco and I am looking to replicate the success of my Face Painting and Body Art business I run here in the UK! I am fortunate enough that it is my passion and my job and to have won awards for it whilst here in the UK!

It's all rather daunting but I am looking forward to the challenge, I understand that Face Painting isn't as popular in France as in the UK or USA but am hoping to start my work in the Expat community. Any tips or thoughts on wether such a venture could succeed would be gratefully received!

Nice to meet you all!
Hi - welcome to the Forum. Nice a long hike from here. Don't know much about face and body painting, my OH usually slaps a big paintbrush in my hand and says paint that wall.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

AlainDeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, First month living near Verteuil-sur-Charente, got my Mr Bricolage loyalty card and starting to get recognized at the rubbish tip, cycling to the boulangerie every morning ( not sure if that will last ) and getting out of the northern British habit of rushing outside because the sun is shining, although deep inside I know this good weather won't last.
Struggling with the language, my old French teacher 'Killer' Shepherd will be spinning in his grave, but I'll get there.
Isn't fosse so much nicer a word than sceptic-tank?
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 11:49 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'm not in France (I'm in the US) but I wanted to pop by and say hi and welcome you to our little site.

I hope you enjoy being part of our community and if you get stuck please give me a shout.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

john.edwards is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, just a quick intro, just moved from the UK to work just outside Cognac. I've been reading through the forum with some interest, if anyone has any ideas of things in the Cognac region that might be of interest to a 23 year old, let me know. Nice to meet you all, virtually at least. John
Old Aug 6th 2012, 12:54 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john.edwards
Hello, just a quick intro, just moved from the UK to work just outside Cognac. I've been reading through the forum with some interest, if anyone has any ideas of things in the Cognac region that might be of interest to a 23 year old, let me know. Nice to meet you all, virtually at least. John
Welcome to the Forum, If you get any issues give me a shout
Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:23 am
Just Joined

flowerfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm Ellie! I'm living in England but will be moving to France in August 2013.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by flowerfairy
Hi, I'm Ellie! I'm living in England but will be moving to France in August 2013.
Welcome to the Forum, Where abouts in France are you moving to?
Old Aug 18th 2012, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

MrMenton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ladies and Gentleman!

Moving to Menton in Feb 2013 so will be using this site for advanced prep!

Any tips, please get in touch xx
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by MrMenton
Hi ladies and Gentleman!

Moving to Menton in Feb 2013 so will be using this site for advanced prep!

Any tips, please get in touch xx
Welcome again
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Linda2805 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, anyone from Torigni/St Lo in Normandy

Hi, we not quite Expats yet, but hopefully will be soon. We live in the UK and have been renovating a barn for the last 6 years in Torigni Sur Vire. Not had much time so far to make friends as we're always flat out building, but the renovation is progressing nicely now so we have a bit of spare time on our hands. Does anyone live in the Torigni Sur Vire or St Lo area who would like to meet up for a coffee/beer? We visit France about five times a year and planning to be back on 2nd September.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:07 pm

Default Re: Hi, anyone from Torigni/St Lo in Normandy

Originally Posted by Linda2805
Hi, we not quite Expats yet, but hopefully will be soon. We live in the UK and have been renovating a barn for the last 6 years in Torigni Sur Vire. Not had much time so far to make friends as we're always flat out building, but the renovation is progressing nicely now so we have a bit of spare time on our hands. Does anyone live in the Torigni Sur Vire or St Lo area who would like to meet up for a coffee/beer? We visit France about five times a year and planning to be back on 2nd September.
Welcome to the Forum
Old Aug 26th 2012, 8:01 am
Just Joined

potnoodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
With the influx of new members in the France Section of the Forum somewhere for the Newer members to say Hi and the Old ones as well.

So come on then?
Hi ! Just bought a place in St Emilion (Gironde). Trying very hard to improve my French but miss meeting and chatting to Brits ! Does anyone know of a network of contacts or a website for this area where I can make contact with fellow Brits ?
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:01 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by potnoodle
Hi ! Just bought a place in St Emilion (Gironde). Trying very hard to improve my French but miss meeting and chatting to Brits ! Does anyone know of a network of contacts or a website for this area where I can make contact with fellow Brits ?
Sorry Potnoodle, you are too far from me, but welcome to the forum.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 2:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by potnoodle
Try posting a new thread with that in the title and maybe we have some members in that area.

Oh and welcome to BE
Old Aug 29th 2012, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Kazzza26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello we are Giles & Karen and we will be moving with our youngest daughter Rhiannon to Loches in the Indre-Loire area atthe begining of october.....if anyone is living in this area we will be looking for a good school and jobs too.... i love France and we can not wait for our new life to begin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.