Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Bloobelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi I'm Bloobelle
I have just joined this forum and have posted in forums before. Having written a few posts here i have started to 'get into it' and it occured to me that I should probably introduce myself. I live in the Haute Vienne, I have 2 little boys, a husband and a dog. I work in the health care sector and have almost finnished writing my first novel. (but I cant spell) I love it here in france and have no desire to go back to the UK for the forseeable future except to see family and friends.
Bloobelle
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:42 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by Bloobelle
Hi I'm Bloobelle
I have just joined this forum and have posted in forums before. Having written a few posts here i have started to 'get into it' and it occured to me that I should probably introduce myself. I live in the Haute Vienne, I have 2 little boys, a husband and a dog. I work in the health care sector and have almost finnished writing my first novel. (but I cant spell) I love it here in france and have no desire to go back to the UK for the forseeable future except to see family and friends.
Bloobelle
Welcome to the forums, We all have our quirks so not spelling will fit in well.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Another (not so) newbie.

Hi everyone.
We are from the Spanish forum, but find ourselves compelled for family reasons to move closer to the UK. Empty nesters. Absolutely love where we are in Spain (Galicia), some of the nicest people we have met anywhere. Looking to move to Charente Dordogne area.
We will be looking for lots of help

A Question now re pets.

We brought our two (small) dogs and cat to Spain. All micro chipped pet pass-ported etc. What do we need going to France? The particular difficulty is that an acquaintance here dropped in on us on Christmas Eve with a cardboard box. Said he had heard we were looking for a new dog (which we were - a retriever) and inside the box was what looked like a hamster. We were pretty sure that if we said no the little chap would be in a bucket of water before the night was out so what could we do?
But he is not only small but also very young. He could only just see when we got him, could not focus, nor walk properly so I think maximum 6 weeks old then and I do not know how long it will take to get all his jabs etc sorted . Which he desperately needs as he had both worms and fleas. Any advice information very gratefully received.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

hi there
cant help but thought I d say hello and good luck with the move.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Another (not so) newbie.

Hi everyone.
We are from the Spanish forum, but find ourselves compelled for family reasons to move closer to the UK. Empty nesters. Absolutely love where we are in Spain (Galicia), some of the nicest people we have met anywhere. Looking to move to Charente Dordogne area.
We will be looking for lots of help

A Question now re pets.

We brought our two (small) dogs and cat to Spain. All micro chipped pet pass-ported etc. What do we need going to France? The particular difficulty is that an acquaintance here dropped in on us on Christmas Eve with a cardboard box. Said he had heard we were looking for a new dog (which we were - a retriever) and inside the box was what looked like a hamster. We were pretty sure that if we said no the little chap would be in a bucket of water before the night was out so what could we do?
But he is not only small but also very young. He could only just see when we got him, could not focus, nor walk properly so I think maximum 6 weeks old then and I do not know how long it will take to get all his jabs etc sorted . Which he desperately needs as he had both worms and fleas. Any advice information very gratefully received.

Hi there and welcome to the french forum
You are going to need a pet passport for your new puppy
Your local vet in Spain should have all the information for you
but this link is also good

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/countri.../pettravel.asp
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

maggie n mel is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

busby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nice

Hi, are you planning to move here?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Yes we have been looking at places on the net for a while and we plan on visiting in may. My name is Maggie and my partner is Mel, i have 3 children 2 boys ages 17 & 10 and a girl of 12, at the moment we live in wales although we were all born in england. I'm studying Horticulture and Mel is a carpenter the 2 youngest children are in school and the eldest works in a computer shop whilst studying. we would love to get to know so people before our initial visit.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggie n mel
Yes we have been looking at places on the net for a while and we plan on visiting in may. My name is Maggie and my partner is Mel, i have 3 children 2 boys ages 17 & 10 and a girl of 12, at the moment we live in wales although we were all born in england. I'm studying Horticulture and Mel is a carpenter the 2 youngest children are in school and the eldest works in a computer shop whilst studying. we would love to get to know so people before our initial visit.

Hi there and welcome to the forum
what area are you looking at moving to in France?
if you use the search button, you will find lots of useful information
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

we have been looking at brittany and the west coast
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:28 pm

hi all
Hi welcome to the Forum, I lived near Carmarthen in a former life, I guess someone had to Were about s are you?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Hi welcome to the Forum, I lived near Carmarthen in a former life, I guess someone had to Were about s are you?
not far from carmarthen lol small world eh
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:15 pm

not far from carmarthen lol small world eh
Indeed, I grew up around Brechfa.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Indeed, I grew up around Brechfa.
I work at the botanic gardens, not far from brechfa. we are in drefach about 16 miles north of carmarthen
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

samj1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am moving to the North of France in 3 weeks time. Any info on car insurance and house insurance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.