Reload this Page >

Internet headache

Internet headache

Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

sarah_cor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet headache

Hi
We have recently moved to the ariege and must be in one of the only parts of france (tiny village up mountain) that can't get broadband however we had no problem signing up via orange.fr for dial up except we still can't get connected! Our computer is a english one and i think this may be the problem but does anyone have any suggestions or know of a decent techie who could help! all suggestions welcome as am about the throw the thing out the window in frustration!
thanx
sarah
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet headache

Originally Posted by sarah_cor
Hi
We have recently moved to the ariege and must be in one of the only parts of france (tiny village up mountain) that can't get broadband however we had no problem signing up via orange.fr for dial up except we still can't get connected! Our computer is a english one and i think this may be the problem but does anyone have any suggestions or know of a decent techie who could help! all suggestions welcome as am about the throw the thing out the window in frustration!
thanx
sarah
Hi can`t help myself but if you post it HERE the techies there may be able to help, but they live in different time zones so may be a delay for answers.
Post the actual problem you are having and it will help them.
A UK computer should be no problem.
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

MrFixit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We have recently moved to the ariege and must be in one of the only parts of france (tiny village up mountain) that can't get broadband
sarah
Hi Sara,
We are in the other place in France that can't get it (tiny hamlet up mountain). France Telecom have just said that unless the Mayor pays for the cables (fat chance) they are not interested!! So I have solved the problem myself by beaming Broadband from a friend 3km away in the valley. If you can see a house in the distance who you know can get Broadband (even With Binoculars) then it is possible to share their connection. It cost me 400 pounds and you need to know somebody a bit techie but it is possible because I have just done it. I am getting about 700k 24/7 which is usable.
We are in Herault.
Regards,

Mr Fixit
Old May 4th 2007, 9:29 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sarah if your up the moutain how far from St Girons are you im an ex bt network engineer have no problems sorting pc or mac problems out. im/we are 5 mins from St girons would be happy to help.
Old May 9th 2007, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

sarah_cor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Hi sarah if your up the moutain how far from St Girons are you im an ex bt network engineer have no problems sorting pc or mac problems out. im/we are 5 mins from St girons would be happy to help.
Hi Ka Ora
Many thanks for the message and i would really appreciate ur help! I live on the route de corniche not far from les cabannes/tarascon i think it would be at least 40 mins from you - how much would you charge to take a look at it as it's not exactly close to you and i wouuldn't want to waste your time? we have already signed up with orange for dial up internet and are just wasting our monthly sub at the min.
We are around most days so really anytime would suit - i 'll prob be back in foix to use the internet next week sometime so it would be great to here back from you!
thanks
sarah
ps big thanks to everyone else for their other suggestions.
Old May 9th 2007, 3:07 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ka Ora
Many thanks for the message and i would really appreciate ur help! I live on the route de corniche not far from les cabannes/tarascon i think it would be at least 40 mins from you - how much would you charge to take a look at it as it's not exactly close to you and i wouuldn't want to waste your time? we have already signed up with orange for dial up internet and are just wasting our monthly sub at the min.
We are around most days so really anytime would suit - i 'll prob be back in foix to use the internet next week sometime so it would be great to here back from you!
thanks
sarah
ps big thanks to everyone else for their other suggestions.
Ok i cant pm for some reason so its 044070 ask for J speak to you soon

Last edited by Ka Ora!; May 9th 2007 at 3:11 pm.