Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Internet Access (France)

Internet Access (France)

Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

rwhite6801 is a jewel in the roughrwhite6801 is a jewel in the roughrwhite6801 is a jewel in the roughrwhite6801 is a jewel in the rough
Default Internet Access (France)

I'm currently paying 45 euros a month for internet access using Orange Live box. The service is pretty bad as it keeps throwing me out at busy times (weekends and Wednesdays) I'm happy to pay a monthly charge, any suggestions gratefully received.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Internet Access (France)

Hi there. We do have an Orange Livebox which kept going down. We were told it was because we live in such a rural area, and live right at the extremeties of the signal. With much persistence we got them to come out and physically check the lines. They found a fault about 2kms from the house. No charge, and it hasn't gone off since. (Almost 6 months) Also just wanted to say 'Up the Baggies'. Shame we're going down. Boing Boing!!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I pay around 30 euros a month with DARTY - I've no limits on downloads, free phonecalls to most places in the world (including mobile phones in places like the States, although not UK mobiles for some reason). I've not had any connection problems, and it runs much faster than my connection back in England.
I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there, but I've only had experience using DARTY.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

sidcup00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to SFR Neufbox. Orange is too slow
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:53 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-J-B
I pay around 30 euros a month with DARTY - I've no limits on downloads, free phonecalls to most places in the world (including mobile phones in places like the States, although not UK mobiles for some reason). I've not had any connection problems, and it runs much faster than my connection back in England.
I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there, but I've only had experience using DARTY.
In the States the receiver pays for the call, in the UK the caller pays.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:15 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
In the States the receiver pays for the call, in the UK the caller pays.
In Europe where operators use Voip Services receivers don't pall for the calls any cost charging basis is with the outgoing call commencer. And just about all the Major Isp's that supply Voip Services via a Router and Telephone offer these services for a Flat Fee IE Occupant has Internet Connection for 18 Euros a month then pays 6 to 10 Euros for Unlimited Voip Telephone calls via the Adsl Connection(Broadband) there are no Charges that are picked up by the person that Answers the Call at where ever that may be. By utilizing Voip Operators are routing Telephone Traffic by least cost method then drop the call back in to the PSTN Network were they either own the Equipment or have a pre arranged agreement with another operator.
Old May 10th 2009, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Shepton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rwhite6801
I'm currently paying 45 euros a month for internet access using Orange Live box. The service is pretty bad as it keeps throwing me out at busy times (weekends and Wednesdays) I'm happy to pay a monthly charge, any suggestions gratefully received.
I have good experience with SFR/neuf. Current company has grown via merging and purchasing of other successful internet providers in France, including for example AOL in France. 30 euros per month for wifi, telephone and TV.