Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Installing a fosse septique

Installing a fosse septique

Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

jackies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Installing a fosse septique

Hi everyone im so glad to have found this site, hopefully i will get a lot of advice, we are buying a old farmhouse in france, it does have a septic tank but it doesnt conform to the new regulations so it has to be changed can anyone advise me where to purchase the new tanks and also give me a price bracket.
Thanks Jackie
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackies
Hi everyone im so glad to have found this site, hopefully i will get a lot of advice, we are buying a old farmhouse in france, it does have a septic tank but it doesnt conform to the new regulations so it has to be changed can anyone advise me where to purchase the new tanks and also give me a price bracket.
Thanks Jackie
Have you read the previous posts ? I think there is a lot of info in them about it.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:13 pm
Banned

chezjules is an unknown quantity at this point

try contacting http://www.klar-environnement.com/co...ce.asp?lang=EN they are very helpful if a little overwhelmed by enquiries . . . . .
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Have you read the previous posts ? I think there is a lot of info in them about it.
Hi and welcome,
if you put fosse septique into the search box at the top of the page you will be able to find all the previous posts on this subject. Also a lot of info out there on google too.
Nowdays thought, the soil and sub-soil must be acceptable to the
Syndicat des Eaux.
You will need to have installed a fosse septique which complies with the latest regulations; this is called a toute eaux. All the grey water must be discharged into the fosse along with the septic waste from WCs.
You will probably find your Mairie has a list of local artisans who could give you a devi for doing the work. Prices seem to range from 5000 euros upwards depending on the circumstances etc.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Renauld will become famous soon enough

I've just done a the deal for a Corail10 system through http://www.fosses-septiques.fr/index.php

It's a big outlay so be careful!

Buyer Beware!!!!
Old Rocker!

Last edited by val50; Jan 15th 2008 at 12:14 pm. Reason: check site rules, personal attacks are not allowed
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:22 pm
Banned

chezjules is an unknown quantity at this point

choose a corail 10 over a Klargester? Renaud, you clearly have no knowledge of the subject - Corail10 is a kenwood chef sellotaped into a water recovery tank and is definately NOT certified to new european regulations - knocked together in someones garage and sold under three brand names in France to fool idiots - be serious!

Klargester IS definitely certified to FR EN 12566-3 and is the most used system in Europe/probably the world

Anyway, Klargester is an Irish company, so you obviously have your facts wrong there, and Bob who used to help there for France is now employed at their largest competitor as country manager, so wrong again . . . .

As the definitive rules for waste treatment in France will be clarified very soon one thing is certain, don't spend one centime on a system that isn't CERTIFIED to FR EN 12566 and marked CE for performance (not just for fabrication or electrical compliance) or you will not be to normes. This applies to waste treatment systems to FR EN 12566-3 or "normal" fosse toutes eaux which need to be tested and approved to FR EN 12566-1 (and 99% currently on general sale in France aren't so be choosy)

as Renauld said "It's a big outlay so be careful!

Buyer Beware!!!!"

Dont take any old advice from well meaning (or maybe vindictive?) old buffoons - check out the facts

talk is cheap
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:29 am
Just Joined

PaulGappyNorris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I'm a bit late on this one, but some very useful information between you all!

Anyone heard of the 'Adis' brand of micro-station for waste recovery/water recycling? It is an option we have been given instead of a conventional F. Septique.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:33 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulGappyNorris
Hi all, I'm a bit late on this one, but some very useful information between you all!

Anyone heard of the 'Adis' brand of micro-station for waste recovery/water recycling? It is an option we have been given instead of a conventional F. Septique.
Cant say i have but is it one of the ones that injects air in to the break down tank as quite a few of these are good, Or is it one of the Water bead treatment plants.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

PaulGappyNorris is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it's an air-pump system, with 'reasonably' recyclable water (OK for gardening perhaps). I'm not sure if we should go for the traditional 'crap-catcher' type with a sand run-off or try a new system like this?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by PaulGappyNorris
Yes, it's an air-pump system, with 'reasonably' recyclable water (OK for gardening perhaps). I'm not sure if we should go for the traditional 'crap-catcher' type with a sand run-off or try a new system like this?
Well if you have the space i would look at a reed bed system as well, If they are set up right then you can swim in the water that comes out.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:27 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Well if you have the space i would look at a reed bed system as well, If they are set up right then you can swim in the water that comes out.
I knew a dutchman who put a reed bed system in. He said it worked but could not deal with antibiotics nor hormones (the pill). People using these products were asked not to use the loo that went into the reed bed. He said the products concentrated in the water.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard
I knew a dutchman who put a reed bed system in. He said it worked but could not deal with antibiotics nor hormones (the pill). People using these products were asked not to use the loo that went into the reed bed. He said the products concentrated in the water.
That is the case with all bacterial treatment systems, So even if you have a Fosse septic (Not Touts Eau) those forms of medicine will kill off the bacteria and stop the break down, So for people that are having to empty there systems too often it's worth looking at what is being consumed in the house. A Touts Eau just contains all exit water and waste add will need emtying as soon as it is full Unlike a fosse which breaks down the Hard matter and some cleansing of the exit water is done.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:59 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
That is the case with all bacterial treatment systems, So even if you have a Fosse septic (Not Touts Eau) those forms of medicine will kill off the bacteria and stop the break down, So for people that are having to empty there systems too often it's worth looking at what is being consumed in the house. A Touts Eau just contains all exit water and waste add will need emtying as soon as it is full Unlike a fosse which breaks down the Hard matter and some cleansing of the exit water is done.
The dutchman wanted to re-use the water in the house. Because of the problem of concentration the water couldn't be used for drinking.

The other trick he had was a home made solar panel system. He made a flat box into which he ran a copper water pipe. This snaked up and down so that in a box 1 metre by 1 metre for example there must have been 40 metres of piping if not more. The pipe then ran out of the box and into the house to the shower. Around the piping in the box he wrapped the black ribbony stuff that he recuperated from old car batteries after washing the acid off I don't know how. The box was then closed in with glass. When the sun was out this system produced enough water to run the showers and the kitchen in the summers.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard
The dutchman wanted to re-use the water in the house. Because of the problem of concentration the water couldn't be used for drinking.

The other trick he had was a home made solar panel system. He made a flat box into which he ran a copper water pipe. This snaked up and down so that in a box 1 metre by 1 metre for example there must have been 40 metres of piping if not more. The pipe then ran out of the box and into the house to the shower. Around the piping in the box he wrapped the black ribbony stuff that he recuperated from old car batteries after washing the acid off I don't know how. The box was then closed in with glass. When the sun was out this system produced enough water to run the showers and the kitchen in the summers.
I have seen a system like that at the Center for alternative Tech in Machynlleth, Wales always worth a visit http://www.cat.org.uk/index.tmpl?refer=index&init=1
Lots of information on Green methods etc.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:42 am
Just Joined

JonC is an unknown quantity at this point

On the other hand, the Corail might be basic but it does claim to have the certification - NF EN 12566-3.

Jon

Originally Posted by chezjules
choose a corail 10 over a Klargester? Renaud, you clearly have no knowledge of the subject - Corail10 is a kenwood chef sellotaped into a water recovery tank and is definately NOT certified to new european regulations - knocked together in someones garage and sold under three brand names in France to fool idiots - be serious!

Klargester IS definitely certified to FR EN 12566-3 and is the most used system in Europe/probably the world

Anyway, Klargester is an Irish company, so you obviously have your facts wrong there, and Bob who used to help there for France is now employed at their largest competitor as country manager, so wrong again . . . .

As the definitive rules for waste treatment in France will be clarified very soon one thing is certain, don't spend one centime on a system that isn't CERTIFIED to FR EN 12566 and marked CE for performance (not just for fabrication or electrical compliance) or you will not be to normes. This applies to waste treatment systems to FR EN 12566-3 or "normal" fosse toutes eaux which need to be tested and approved to FR EN 12566-1 (and 99% currently on general sale in France aren't so be choosy)

as Renauld said "It's a big outlay so be careful!

Buyer Beware!!!!"

Dont take any old advice from well meaning (or maybe vindictive?) old buffoons - check out the facts

talk is cheap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.