Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Incap & DLA transferrable

Incap & DLA transferrable

Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Timmy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Incap & DLA transferrable

Hi, we're considering moving to France to escape the cold and ease the aches and pains of past serious injuries. One concern we have is that a chunk of our income, aside from private pensions, is made up of benefits in the form of Incap and DLA. The Incap will end when I reach the UK retirement age, but in the meantime are these benefits transferrable to France? Thanks in anticipation.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:39 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Incap & DLA transferrable

Originally Posted by Timmy2
Hi, we're considering moving to France to escape the cold and ease the aches and pains of past serious injuries. One concern we have is that a chunk of our income, aside from private pensions, is made up of benefits in the form of Incap and DLA. The Incap will end when I reach the UK retirement age, but in the meantime are these benefits transferrable to France? Thanks in anticipation.
Welcome to the Forum, You should have no issues transferring your benefits dont forget it gets pretty cold here and its damp though the winter and autumn as well. This area we live in "Midi-Pyrénées" in comparison to Kent where I lived before is colder in the winter gets more rain overall but is hotter in the summer but not consistently.

Should you get any issues on the forum give me a shout.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Timmy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your speedy response and the kind welcome to the forum. We're looking to relocate to the Limousin area and the temperatures through most of the year, from the research we've done, certainly looked better than here in the North West (-20 C at one point last year). To be honest if we have 6 or 8 months of relative warmth compared to the UK, it will make such a difference.

I'm busy trawling all of the other posts to seek out answers to the miriad of questions we have. Thanks again
Old Oct 11th 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

the limousin can get as cold if not colder than the north west; but for a shorter period of time than in the uk
Old Oct 12th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

It's my understand that only the care component of DLA is exportable.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...port/DG_174941

PS: It routinely gets down to -15 or less in the Winter where I am !
Old Oct 12th 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

We are from the North West, near Preston and are now in dept 41, Loir et Cher, North West of the Centre - a couple of hours further North than the Limousin.
As farmers we keep a close eye on the weather!
We find that the summers are longer here, generally warmer, often 5-10° warmer than Lancashire but it can be very cold in winter. Overall we would say we have more extremes than in the UK. We see more thunderstorms and hail and usually get two or three coverings of snow in winter but, as in the UK, no two years are alike - this year we have had drought conditions.