Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Importation Tax, TVA on a car from Germany to France?

Importation Tax, TVA on a car from Germany to France?

Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Chamonixfirst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Importation Tax, TVA on a car from Germany to France?

I am planning to purchase 2 vehicles for my business in Germany and register them in France.

I have a Business TVA/VAT number so I am able to purchase the vehicles at NET price in Germany. If I pay VAT in Germany I cannot reclaim it so that's why i have to give the car dealer my TVA/VAT number so I avoid paying it
The question is will I have to pay TVA when I register them in France ? Everything i read seems to be different.
The vehicles are 3 years old and have more than 6000km on the clock too.

Also does anyone know about importation Tax ?

The vehicles are Vauxhall Vivaros 2.5 dti 9 seater cars. Both Euro 4 engines. How much will it cost to import these too ??

Thanks in advance

Phil

Last edited by Sue; Oct 5th 2011 at 10:20 am. Reason: Link removed. Please read rule 9 of our site rules. Many thanks
Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:05 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Importation Tax, TVA on a car from Germany to France?

Originally Posted by Chamonixfirst
I am planning to purchase 2 vehicles for my business in Germany and register them in France.

I have a Business TVA/VAT number so I am able to purchase the vehicles at NET price in Germany. If I pay VAT in Germany I cannot reclaim it so that's why i have to give the car dealer my TVA/VAT number so I avoid paying it
The question is will I have to pay TVA when I register them in France ? Everything i read seems to be different.
The vehicles are 3 years old and have more than 6000km on the clock too.

Also does anyone know about importation Tax ?

The vehicles are Vauxhall Vivaros 2.5 dti 9 seater cars. Both Euro 4 engines. How much will it cost to import these too ??

Thanks in advance

Phil
Welcome to the Forum, Should you have any issues give Myself a Mitzyboy or Sue a shout.

Also you will find it more advantageous to place a advertising link in your Signature and not in you first post on the Forum as per the Site Rules otherwise the Forum will become bogged down with adverts pretty quickly.

Once again Welcome.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Oct 5th 2011 at 10:08 am.