Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Implications for Ex-Pats if GB leaves the EU.

Wikiposts

Implications for Ex-Pats if GB leaves the EU.

Old Oct 27th 2015, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Implications for Ex-Pats if GB leaves the EU.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
This.
This what?
Old Oct 27th 2015, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Pensions are determined by intergovernmental agreements and by our membership of the EEA, none of which has anything to do with the EU
Old Oct 27th 2015, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Since the launch of the Euro, the Euro area has grown some 15 percent, the UK about 25 (depends on the revision of those dodgy numbers two years ago) and the US by about 32 percent.
Junker said the other day that the EU is about 15 percent of world GDP. What he diod not say was that the 28 countries used to be over 30 percent. Just ten years ago they were 22 percent and 10 percent larger than the US. Now the EU is about 10 percent smaller (On Junkers numbers 20 percent smaller than the US).
On present trends, were the UK to leave , the EU would be below 10 percent of world GDP within a maximum of 10 years.
Personally I think the EU is dying. It doesn't much matter whether the UK stays or not. But who wants to stay shackled to a corpse?
Systemic unemployment and mass migration on top of a failing economy. Man the lifeboats!
Old Oct 27th 2015, 1:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
This what?
What that?
Old Oct 27th 2015, 1:41 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

What that?
I hope you don't still have a vote Novo
Old Oct 27th 2015, 2:09 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I hope you don't still have a vote Novo
Ah, but I do. I signed up for the electoral register six weeks ago.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Since somebody mentioned GDP, could some kind soul please explain to me, in words of one, where the UK's money comes from? It seems to me that most of its GDP is consumer spending, and government spending, and the service industries which are a combination of government and consumer and business spending. So yes I can see that it's a big buzzing money-go-round but how does it get new money in?
I can sort of see it in France because I see endless fields full of crops that will be turned into money, and livestock that will be turned into money, and companies like EDF and TOTAL that operate internationally and fetch new money in. But I can't see that in the UK. Most of it is covered in people and what they are for is spending money.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Since somebody mentioned GDP, could some kind soul please explain to me, in words of one, where the UK's money comes from? It seems to me that most of its GDP is consumer spending, and government spending, and the service industries which are a combination of government and consumer and business spending. So yes I can see that it's a big buzzing money-go-round but how does it get new money in?
I can sort of see it in France because I see endless fields full of crops that will be turned into money, and livestock that will be turned into money, and companies like EDF and TOTAL that operate internationally and fetch new money in. But I can't see that in the UK. Most of it is covered in people and what they are for is spending money.
Look at this: United Kingdom GDP | 1960-2015 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

The manufacturing in the UK is higher than you may think.
The Nissan factory on Tyneside produces more output than the entire automotive industry of Italy.
The UK GDP is similar to that of France.
Sarko stated that the UK had no manufacturing industry and this is a commonly held view. However, we have Nissan; Toyota; Honda; Mini; Jaguar; Rolls Royce; JCB.
We also (just about) have an oil industry and a whisky industry.
The UK GDP has less manufacturing than France but a far larger finance sector.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cyrian
we have Nissan; Toyota; Honda; Mini; Jaguar; Rolls Royce; JCB.
ahah - so Japan, Japan, Japan, Germany, Germany, Germany, and I don't know where JCB hails from so there might be a Brit in there.

However you have answered my question by reminding me of Whisky. That'll do for me, a double please

Originally Posted by cyrian
The UK GDP has less manufacturing than France but a far larger finance sector.
And that's exactly why I mistrust it. If bankers are what puts the G into GB...
Old Oct 27th 2015, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Finance is not just banking, Finance is about 120 billion GVA and contributes about 22 billion in taxes
Finance is also Insurance, M and A, Foreign Exchange, Merchanting, Counter trade, Factoring.
Being a mature economy about 80 percent of GDP is services. Education, Video games, Software, Apps.
I think manufacturing is still double figues , but i believ it is about 12 percent of GDP. Interestiongly, whenever I have looked, the decline in Manufacturing asa share of GDP in France and the UK is broadly the same
Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à https://fullfact.org/sites/fullfact.org/files/manufacturing_0.png
Manufacturing - value added (% of GDP) in France
Old Oct 27th 2015, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When I said 'bankers', I didn't mean counter clerks. I trust them all about equally.
The trouble with making money from money is that it's only figures on a piece of paper (as was explained to me nearly half a century ago by my boss, when I was young and keen and employed in a finance office, heaven help us, and I was getting very worried because nothing added up - I didn't realise at that innocent age that it's not meant to).
Or have we forgotten 2008 already.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 4:54 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Being a mature economy about 80 percent of GDP is services. Education, Video games, Software, Apps.
I think manufacturing is still double figues , but i believ it is about 12 percent of GDP.
I'm not so sure that "mature" is the right term. Perhaps senescent would be more appropriate.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not so sure that "mature" is the right term. Perhaps senescent would be more appropriate.

Have you never thought of going into politics, Novo?
Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, I think Novo has his eyes on the Pope's job!
Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:43 am
Born again atheist

I have to find a country that's ready for me first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.