Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Illectronism and Déclaration des Revenus

Illectronism and Déclaration des Revenus

Old Apr 15th 2019, 7:33 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Illectronism and Déclaration des Revenus

It's Déclaration des Revenus time again, and I'm currently suffering from my chronic disorder. I did manage to open an Espace Particulier on the Impôts site in my name, since there was no pre-printed form to fill in in OH's, but, likewise, I only found last year's various Tax Statements. By miracle I managed on-line to get an appointment with my local Tax Office this week, but doubt that they'll issue two pre-printed forms indicating our joint income up to his decease and my sole income afterwards. In any case I'll be getting assistance from my Financial Advisor at the Bank and I'll use this as a further excuse for not declaring on-line this year.....
For those unaware of this French quirk, if your spouse dies or if you get divorced, you have to fill in two separate Declaration forms, one for "before", the other for "after" the change in matrimonial status.
The one redeeming feature of all this is that, with the new "PAYE" System, 2018 is an "année blanche" and I won't have to pay Tax on OH's 2018 income, but the Déclarations still have to be filled in....

Old Apr 15th 2019, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illectronism and Déclaration des Revenus

DMU, agreed it can be a headache, moreso for illectronism difficulties and again x2 for someone having been through your recent loss. I wish you bonne chance, and I'm sure the appointment you've made at your tax office will ease the formalities.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 9:13 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
It's Déclaration des Revenus time again, and I'm currently suffering from my chronic disorder. I did manage to open an Espace Particulier on the Impôts site in my name, since there was no pre-printed form to fill in in OH's, but, likewise, I only found last year's various Tax Statements. By miracle I managed on-line to get an appointment with my local Tax Office this week, but doubt that they'll issue two pre-printed forms indicating our joint income up to his decease and my sole income afterwards. In any case I'll be getting assistance from my Financial Advisor at the Bank and I'll use this as a further excuse for not declaring on-line this year.....
For those unaware of this French quirk, if your spouse dies or if you get divorced, you have to fill in two separate Declaration forms, one for "before", the other for "after" the change in matrimonial status.
The one redeeming feature of all this is that, with the new "PAYE" System, 2018 is an "année blanche" and I won't have to pay Tax on OH's 2018 income, but the Déclarations still have to be filled in....
I hope this is your last hoop to jump through and all the paper work is sorted ?

I know I paid someone to fill in my tax returns the first year. Reason for that being that my late husband had ''forgotten'' to declare rentals from the UK .... and I wanted it all sorted. They had to re-do the last 3 years to become legal again. I think they charged 650 E for the 3 years.
As from the second year I did it myself.

Bonne chance !
Old Apr 15th 2019, 9:22 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a quick look in my taxfiles and ...
It seems that over the year 2010 (Husband passed away in Oktober) I did NOT have to pay Tax d'habitation.
The taxman (which I went to see for another reason) had a look at it and decided that, since I (me personal) did not have enough income in 2010 (only 2 months pension) I did not have to pay this tax.
Maybe this might help you ?
Again Bonne chance !
Old Apr 15th 2019, 10:25 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
I just had a quick look in my taxfiles and ...
It seems that over the year 2010 (Husband passed away in Oktober) I did NOT have to pay Tax d'habitation.
The taxman (which I went to see for another reason) had a look at it and decided that, since I (me personal) did not have enough income in 2010 (only 2 months pension) I did not have to pay this tax.
Maybe this might help you ?
Again Bonne chance !
Thank you and tp.
My income obviously dropped considerably in the last quarter of 2018, and I'm hoping that, even with the Pensions de Réversion which have been trickling in since then, I'll be exonerated from the Taxe d'H this year. I'll mention it to the Tax Office Agent...
Otherwise OH's Succession has at last been settled - the delay wasn't due to my complicated family situation but to the incompetence of a series of Clercs de Notaire!
Once the Tax Returns have been sent in, I think I'll be able to have closure....
Old Apr 15th 2019, 11:15 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Originally Posted by dmu
Thank you and tp.
My income obviously dropped considerably in the last quarter of 2018, and I'm hoping that, even with the Pensions de Réversion which have been trickling in since then, I'll be exonerated from the Taxe d'H this year. I'll mention it to the Tax Office Agent...
Otherwise OH's Succession has at last been settled - the delay wasn't due to my complicated family situation but to the incompetence of a series of Clercs de Notaire!
Once the Tax Returns have been sent in, I think I'll be able to have closure....
Well done ! It can all be a bit overwhelming, doesn't it.
Re Tax : if you don't ask you won't get ... They repaid all we already paid over the year by cheque. Came in handy in that expensive year.
I'll keep my fingers crossed
Old Apr 19th 2019, 10:02 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
DMU, agreed it can be a headache, moreso for illectronism difficulties and again x2 for someone having been through your recent loss. I wish you bonne chance, and I'm sure the appointment you've made at your tax office will ease the formalities.
I went along this morning, expecting to collect a couple of blank Cerfa forms and some advice, but the dear Taxman did the complicated calculations and filled in both the necessary Déclarations en-ligne, on the spot. I was so euphoric afterwards that I completely forgot to ask about Taxe d'Hab....
But what a complete and utter relief that I haven't got that burden on my back any more, and it has saved a trip to the Bank where the Financial Advisor was going to do it all...
Happy Easter to all!