Ikea shopping

Old Nov 13th 2011, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

AppleGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ikea shopping

Hi everybody

We're in the process of moving for the third time.

The new place is lacking storage and desk space etc. So a trip to IKEA is called for.

We're in Haute Savoie, so, I believe our nearest store is Geneva; next nearest is Grenoble (twice the distance).

Has anyone any experience of buying stuff in Switzerland to bring to France? Will it be easier to go to Grenoble store?

Thanks in advance

Sorry if its already been posted. Forgive me its Sunday (I think!!)
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ikea shopping

Originally Posted by AppleGirl
Hi everybody

We're in the process of moving for the third time.

The new place is lacking storage and desk space etc. So a trip to IKEA is called for.

We're in Haute Savoie, so, I believe our nearest store is Geneva; next nearest is Grenoble (twice the distance).

Has anyone any experience of buying stuff in Switzerland to bring to France? Will it be easier to go to Grenoble store?

Thanks in advance

Sorry if its already been posted. Forgive me its Sunday (I think!!)
We bought a bunch of Ikea furniture in France in 2009. The nearest store
was 2.5 hours drive from us, so we ordered online before we arrived in France. We spent about 3000 euro on the furniture and paid a couple of hundred extra for delivery to our door soon after we arrived.

No more expensive than renting a truck for the round trip and much less hassle.