Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

I want to learn french in the dordogne....

I want to learn french in the dordogne....

Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

1986leeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to learn french in the dordogne....

Im moving to bergerac in the dordogne in may 2009 and my french is very basic i was just wanted to no if anybody can recommend any good language school/Teachers in and around Bergerac??
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

maxime_french is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want to learn french in the dordogne....

Hi
I'm french, I'm living near paris and I'm learning english.
If you want i can help you to improve your french and give you somme advices (by e-mail or msn) if you agree to help me to improve my english
answer me if you're interesting!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:38 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

(SNIP)

Very admirable Maxime. What are your charges, if any?

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jan 19th 2009 at 8:19 am. Reason: Quote removed
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:25 am
Just Joined

I don't ask charges of course! I just want to find an english correspondent!
that's all! no charges!
It's forbidden to look for a correspondent?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:50 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

To Pollyanna & Mitzyboy. A tad over-zealous, methinks. My point was made in order to ascertain whether the offer was friendly, or had commercial overtones.

Please don't patronise us to the extent that you're editing posts to make the thread look stupid. Learning the language is all part of the ex-pat process, so please bugger off somewhere else with your red pen?

I fully realise that while our regular, and well-loved moderator is absent, you're going to 'stand in' as it were. I don't think it's that necessary here.

To Maxime, I'd love to help you with your English in return for a little help with my french. If you post a couple more times you'll be able to send/receive PM's, then we can exchange information privately.
Thanks for the offer, it's very kind and probably very, very useful to some.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

fraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond reputefraserjames1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
To Pollyanna & Mitzyboy. A tad over-zealous, methinks. My point was made in order to ascertain whether the offer was friendly, or had commercial overtones.

Please don't patronise us to the extent that you're editing posts to make the thread look stupid. Learning the language is all part of the ex-pat process, so please bugger off somewhere else with your red pen?

I fully realise that while our regular, and well-loved moderator is absent, you're going to 'stand in' as it were. I don't think it's that necessary here.

To Maxime, I'd love to help you with your English in return for a little help with my french. If you post a couple more times you'll be able to send/receive PM's, then we can exchange information privately.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:21 am
Just Joined

thanks for defending me I'm not here to earn money or with bad intendsbut I can help you and i think you can help me, so...

I'll can recieve PM soon Le_Chant!see you later ^^
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I edited the thread because Sue had already removed a thread by the poster in the same vein. I am not a stand-in, I am a moderator on the BE forums. However I will reinstate the post and let Admin make the decision.
I fail to see how doing my job could be described as being "patronising" but don't worry, I won't pop in here again.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 19th 2009 at 9:28 am.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually I edited the thread because Sue had already removed a thread by the poster in the same vein. I am not a stand-in, I am a moderator on the BE forums. However I will reinstate the post and let Admin make the decision.
I fail to see how doing my job could be described as being "patronising" but don't worry, I won't pop in here again.
As far as the French boards are concerned, you'll always be a stand-in. We have a much-loved moderator who we all know and respect. Sometimes we see jdr here too. Very, very seldom we see Mitzyboy. You? Never. It's the first time I've seen a post 'moderated' by you in here in the time I've been a member.

Again, learning a new language is a necessity for many of us that choose not to settle in an english-speaking country. Many of us struggle to learn, and welcome any chance we get to do so. If you think it's a matter for admin now, you should have left it alone then, but flagged it to them.

If you can't see how it's patronising, then I can't help you. Thanks for not popping in again.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:46 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I like your presence Polly it gives me a warm tingly feeling inside. (In an Unpervy way).

Would you like a Cracker?

Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

do you know other forums where english people would like to learn to speak french?
i don't want to disturb you anymore with my "correspondent's demand" so if you could steer me to another forum or website ^^

thanks
and if anybody in this forum need me, send me a PM
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I like your presence Polly it gives me a warm tingly feeling inside. (In an Unpervy way).

Would you like a Cracker?
Thanks. A cracker would be lovely
Unfortunately it seems that I am not welcome in Europe any longer, which is a shame as I got on very well with Jdr and Val and greatly regret their decisions to leave. They were good cyber-mates and I miss them.
===========================

To Le Chant - Over the time I have been a supermod I have removed as much spam from the Europe forums as I have from any other, along with acting on many reports. However I'm sure Mitzy can cope, so I'll leave him to it.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:08 am

Thanks. A cracker would be lovely
Unfortunately it seems that I am not welcome in Europe any longer, which is a shame as I got on very well with Jdr and Val and greatly regret their decisions to leave. They were good cyber-mates and I miss them.
===========================

To Le Chant - Over the time I have been a supermod I have removed as much spam from the Europe forums as I have from any other, along with acting on many reports. However I'm sure Mitzy can cope, so I'll leave him to it.
Thought you weren't coming back? Spam deleting is one thing. Potential help for those that may need it is another. Don't play on your friendships with Val & jdr to win sympathy on this one. You were wrong to delete. You just can't/won't admit it.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:19 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought you weren't coming back? Spam deleting is one thing. Potential help for those that may need it is another. Don't play on your friendships with Val & jdr to win sympathy on this one. You were wrong to delete. You just can't/won't admit it.
Stu Penpal seeking post's have always been deleted, It's far from new. Plus having a go at a Super Mod for their actions is not a wise policy, Take it up via PM. Because all that will happen is the thread will get deleted with other worse consequences.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jan 19th 2009 at 10:22 am.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Stu Penpal seeking post's have always been deleted, It's far from new. Plus having a go at a Super Mod for their actions is not a wise policy, Take it up via PM. Because all that will happen is the thread will get deleted with other worse consequences.
It's not about seeking penpals Ka. Maxime, given the chance, has something to offer people within the French section of the board. She said that in her post which was deleted. She's a student, speaks pretty good english and would like to learn more with a view to working in England this summer.

Mod, supermod - whatever. Wrong is wrong. It should not be that anyone who posts here or anywhere should be above criticism.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.