British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   I can translate for you! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/i-can-translate-you-402533/)

tattooheart Oct 16th 2006 3:30 pm

I can translate for you!

:cool: Hello !
I have seen quiet a few programmes on the cable BBC on people coming to France, who love the country, the food, the wine and the people, but who can't speak enough french to get themselves understood. I have been living in France for 25 years now, in Rouen Normandy, and speak fluently even the slang! Seeing how some people are " lost for words"... I am proposing my services for any transactions that you may need a translater for. You never know when the ' we get by...' speaking will not be enough. I am advertising on the expat site as I don't do this oficially, I am a musician/singer and travel around quite a bit. I have often helped people out, hearing them looking for their way or just trying to be understood when they just can't seem to get through. I was in the same position myself, when I came to France, but as I did'nt know any English people I had to learn the language very quickly! I will study any propositions to try and help you out so please don't hesitate to contact me! Hope to hear from you soon.

Rushman Oct 17th 2006 4:39 am

Re: I can translate for you!

Originally Posted by tattooheart
I have seen quiet a few programmes on the cable BBC on people coming to France, who love the country, the food, the wine and the people, but who can't speak enough french to get themselves understood. I have been living in France for 25 years now, in Rouen Normandy, and speak fluently even the slang! Seeing how some people are " lost for words"... I am proposing my services for any transactions that you may need a translater for. You never know when the ' we get by...' speaking will not be enough. I am advertising on the expat site as I don't do this oficially, I am a musician/singer and travel around quite a bit. I have often helped people out, hearing them looking for their way or just trying to be understood when they just can't seem to get through. I was in the same position myself, when I came to France, but as I did'nt know any English people I had to learn the language very quickly! I will study any propositions to try and help you out so please don't hesitate to contact me! Hope to hear from you soon.

Rouen Huh? I like Rouen, have you been to see Lionhearts tomb yet?

tattooheart Oct 17th 2006 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Rushman
Rouen Huh? I like Rouen, have you been to see Lionhearts tomb yet?

Don't you mean Joan of Arc's last fry up? I don't think Richard the Lion Heart is here...... more like Dives-sur mer.... :p

MoonShine Oct 17th 2006 10:03 am

Originally Posted by tattooheart

Let us know how you get on..
Why don't you contact the agencies for that maybe they can put you in touch with some people too! :)

tattooheart Oct 17th 2006 10:20 am

Originally Posted by MoonShine
Let us know how you get on..
Why don't you contact the agencies for that maybe they can put you in touch with some people too! :)

I don't think there are any agencies for urgent cases, only english language courses for French people. I wouldn't know where to look for an agency who looked after English people. Any ideas?? :confused:

cheeky_ monkey Apr 2nd 2007 4:48 am

Originally Posted by tattooheart (Post 4020292)
I don't think there are any agencies for urgent cases, only english language courses for French people. I wouldn't know where to look for an agency who looked after English people. Any ideas?? :confused:

try alliance française,
don't think you can "get by" with french-hardly anyone speaks english here..
learn french asap- just do it or you are f****d- its carved in granite!!!
i've been in paris for 20 years.
i remember when i first came over..
the hard reality is YOU MUST SPEAK FRENCH- and well aswell..

antijean39 Oct 23rd 2007 5:25 pm

hi
Just came back from Asia after 9 years in Japon and Singapore , i would love to meet english speaking people and my son too in order to keep our english's level .
We also miss to meet people from all around the world for some "easy going" drink or so on

We live in Rouen now and i just can't find some english association or expat ?

If you can help me thank you so much
Catherine