Reload this Page >

How do I send £10 to the UK?

Wikiposts

How do I send £10 to the UK?

Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

beigey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I send £10 to the UK?

I need to send £10 to Greater Manchester Police. Now they said I can send cheque or cash but I have serious doubts that my £10 note would actually arrive once its gone through the M'cr sorting office

So ... how do I send £10 to the UK if I don't have a UK bank account?!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:01 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I send £10 to the UK?

Paypal? Or ask for their IBAN details?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

they won't accept that - has to be a cheque, cash or a bankers draft
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:32 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beigey
they won't accept that - has to be a cheque, cash or a bankers draft
Tell 'em to see you in court then!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

LOL! The £10 is for a Subject Access Request - basically I have to pay them to send me a letter to say they have no info on me ... joy of paperwork! Uff!!

Guess I'm gonna have to ask a friend in the UK to write a cheque for me!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! The £10 is for a Subject Access Request - basically I have to pay them to send me a letter to say they have no info on me ... joy of paperwork! Uff!! Guess I'm gonna have to ask a friend in the UK to write a cheque for me!
£10 let’s see, that’s.......11.4€
As I’m feeling generous, send me €10 and I’ll write you half a dozen letters to say I have no info on you.......
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:43 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Send it recorded. La Post will organise, okay it's going to cost more.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:26 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I need to send £10 to Greater Manchester Police. Now they said I can send cheque or cash but I have serious doubts that my £10 note would actually arrive once its gone through the M'cr sorting office

!
Has it occurred to you that you're worrying about nothing? Go to a bank in France, get a 10 pound note, but it in an envelope and mail it.

Of course if you want to be really sure, you could fly over with the envelope in your hand luggage and give it to the rozzers yourself.

What's peace of mind worth to you?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:53 am
New ember - smoulderin'

analyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to all

I'm with Beigey on the mistrust of cash in the post.
(and no, I am not paranoid . . . I just KNOW they are out to get me )

I am pretty convinced there are system detectors in sorting offices, probably targeting other devices, but which will pick up on cash in an envelope. So it is almost guaranteed non delivery.

I know postie people are going to be very annoyed at me for saying this but I have an in-law related person who worked for many years in a London sorting office and boy did he have some tales to tell of what went on.

If they wont accept any other means of payment for an SAR then I'd say its time to phone a friend . . . now that you've asked the audience.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:28 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Just mailed via La Poste serious quality watch to a friend in UK for repair. It arrived safely in 3 days. If UK sorting offices are that corrupt the red tops would have done a number on the scandal. Odd apple, yes, but they get caught. Reputation is crucial, so light fingers get chopped. Regular thefts create covert investigation with tempting plant.

On basis of some threads we would never post anything to UK, or even within UK.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

calum.ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you not have any friends or family who you could ask to pay the £10 and then pay them back at another time?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Just stick it in the post if it goes missing you have to send another not the end of the world.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

think I'll ask a friend in the UK to write a cheque - can't be bothered risking the £10 going missing with the paperwork that will be with it because I'd have to start the process all over again.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:24 am
Just Joined

jasoninparis is an unknown quantity at this point

haha Dont pay them.. what on earth are they going to do?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Martin Parker will become famous soon enough

Just send it by post. My mother-in-law is always sending us cash through the post and it has never gone missing. Its normally inside a card, so you can't see that it is in there if you hold the envelope up to the light.

If the paperwork is that important and worth more than the ten pounds, I would send it recorded anyway, so no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.