Household / Motor Insurance

Wikiposts

Household / Motor Insurance

Old Dec 20th 2008, 5:46 am
Just Joined

LesnGill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Household / Motor Insurance

Hi,
Just had renewal notice from AXA and not impressed with the cost...oh for 1.40 euros to the pound!
Any ideas for English speaking broker...do I really have to give 3 months notice.
Thanks
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:35 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household / Motor Insurance

Originally Posted by LesnGill
Hi,
Just had renewal notice from AXA and not impressed with the cost...oh for 1.40 euros to the pound!
Any ideas for English speaking broker...do I really have to give 3 months notice.
Thanks
Not knowing where you are, can't help with an English-speaking broker.
The préavis de résiliation is mentioned in your Contract. If you want to change your Insurance Company (and everything has gone up, so maybe another one will be just as expensive), don't forget to send notice by Lettre recommandée avec Avis de Réception (registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt), otherwise it won't be valid.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dmu
Not knowing where you are, can't help with an English-speaking broker.
The préavis de résiliation is mentioned in your Contract. If you want to change your Insurance Company (and everything has gone up, so maybe another one will be just as expensive), don't forget to send notice by Lettre recommandée avec Avis de Réception (registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt), otherwise it won't be valid.
surely I'm not the only one who looks at previuos posts from the poster/subsciber for clues as to where they stay (that's where they live for English people).
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
surely I'm not the only one who looks at previuos posts from the poster/subsciber for clues as to where they stay (that's where they live for English people).
That is why a location helps in getting info.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:37 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
That is why a location helps in getting info.
I think what he is saying in a fashion is the OP is near Moissac, Tarn et Garonne which is on the top side of Toulouse near Montauban. There were only 15 posts so it stuck out like a sore thumb.

That aside the notice is required and it is best to send it registered post, got me stumped on a English speaking Agent up there because I don't use an English Speaking agent here.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Dec 20th 2008 at 8:43 am.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
I did actually click on the user name to find out, but they didn't give any personal details.
It didn't occur to me to make a search among previous posts
Old Dec 20th 2008, 9:03 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
I did actually click on the user name to find out, but they didn't give any personal details.
It didn't occur to me to make a search among previous posts

Don't worry about it.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 11:11 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I use a French broker with English staff up in Dinard. My insurers are AXA though, and I'm going to ask the brokers to have a look around for a better deal for next year! I'm down in the Loire, so I know they're happy to have clients partout!

If you need/want their details, PM me?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

nickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant future

When we arrived in France two years ago we decided to use Axa as they had an English speaking bureau in Nice. Although we live in Cantal, several hundred miles away we found it useful during our first year to have someone English to explain the many difference in French assurance; they also had a local office for us to go. However during that year Axa made numerous mistakes (although we were probably partially to blame out of our ignorance of things french) and caused us some stress as we continued to get letters in French from the Nice office! After a year we shopped around our local offices and found AFG very competitive on prices and although our French wasn't brilliant by then, we were beginning to make headway in the language and went with AFG. I suppose it helps that I often play golf with the patron of the local AFG office! They are very patient with my improving French and on occasions even break out into English themselves!! In summary I'd say go with an English speaking office initially then after you've settled in,shop around for better deals just like you would in UK; eg my house and health insurance with AFG is nearly half what Axa wanted; although the Axa car insurance was quite a bit better after some haggling!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickcarol
When we arrived in France two years ago we decided to use Axa as they had an English speaking bureau in Nice. Although we live in Cantal, several hundred miles away we found it useful during our first year to have someone English to explain the many difference in French assurance; they also had a local office for us to go. However during that year Axa made numerous mistakes (although we were probably partially to blame out of our ignorance of things french) and caused us some stress as we continued to get letters in French from the Nice office! After a year we shopped around our local offices and found AFG very competitive on prices and although our French wasn't brilliant by then, we were beginning to make headway in the language and went with AFG. I suppose it helps that I often play golf with the patron of the local AFG office! They are very patient with my improving French and on occasions even break out into English themselves!! In summary I'd say go with an English speaking office initially then after you've settled in,shop around for better deals just like you would in UK; eg my house and health insurance with AFG is nearly half what Axa wanted; although the Axa car insurance was quite a bit better after some haggling!

Website for AGF is here:
http://www.agf.fr/agfnet/index.jhtml...eAgence=H96406

another good link here
http://www.skovgaard-europe.com/link...nce3.htm#insur