Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

House Prices in Caillure or Ecully LYON???

House Prices in Caillure or Ecully LYON???

Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

gingerbread is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me roughly how much rental house prices in Caillure/Ecully or other such desirable areas in the Lyon area are? I cannot seem to find this information anywhere. I have a feeling that a 4bedroom may be out of the question given our budget. I go with other views on the forum that France is certainly not cheap and I think its rather pricey for most things. We live in Switzerland, but have lived in UK longterm so have experience in both. Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Feb 10th 2011 at 5:42 pm. Reason: Confusion Removed.....
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:03 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lyon France- relocation agencies

Originally Posted by gingerbread
thanks for your reply. does anyone know how much a 4bedroom house/apartment in ecully? or caillure would be? is this just a dream? will we need to be a lot further out?? please advise
to buy or rent?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Lyon France- relocation agencies

to rent. i have heard its expensive in france.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:23 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default Re: House Prices in Caillure or Ecully LYON???

Can anyone tell me roughly how much rental house prices in Caillure/Ecully or other such desirable areas in the Lyon area are? I cannot seem to find this information anywhere. I have a feeling that a 4bedroom may be out of the question given our budget. I go with other views on the forum that France is certainly not cheap and I think its rather pricey for most things. We live in Switzerland, but have lived in UK longterm so have experience in both. Many thanks in advance for any advice.
have your tried searching on line? Google immobillier Lyon or Ecully (69130) louer or location, 4 chambres, etc. There are lots of sites, eg seloger.com
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:26 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

am I going mad or are there at least two threads asking exactly the same things here?!!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

thanks for such a speedy reply. will definitely check out the sites you mentioned. thanks v much. i accidentally sent two threads b/c it seemed to have erased itself whilst i was busy composing, but obviously not. computers are still an anathema to me. i need technical support the whole time. but i really appreciate your pointers. out of curiosity are you in one of the areas i mentioned. if so. do you like it??
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:46 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Issue resolved, I have pulled the fragmented post's into this thread
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:57 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

thanks for such a speedy reply. will definitely check out the sites you mentioned. thanks v much. i accidentally sent two threads b/c it seemed to have erased itself whilst i was busy composing, but obviously not. computers are still an anathema to me. i need technical support the whole time. but i really appreciate your pointers. out of curiosity are you in one of the areas i mentioned. if so. do you like it??
am actually in America right now. I left France last August, although we still have a house near Lyon! I didn't live in Ecully but had some very good friends who lived there (now left) but lived for a while in St Didier au mont d'Or when we first arrived. I still have friends dotted about the Lyon area, so am still fairly au fait, as it were, with Lyon.