Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

House buying and activites in Beaulieu-sur-dordogne?

House buying and activites in Beaulieu-sur-dordogne?

Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

crouchy100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile House buying and activites in Beaulieu-sur-dordogne?

Hi
This is the first time using this forum and any help or advice would be much appreciated.
I have seen and visited a property in the area of Beaulieu-sur-dordogne and am thinking of buying it. I have two children, one is 8 and the other is 5.
I know that there is a swimming pool and canoe centre in the town but is anybody able to give me details of any other activities in the area, i.e like country parks or forest to visit. My children are very active so I would appreciate any ideas of places to visit or things to do.

Also I am open to any advice on buying a property and suggestions of other towns.

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:17 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House buying and activites in Beaulieu-sur-dordogne?

Originally Posted by crouchy100
Hi
This is the first time using this forum and any help or advice would be much appreciated.
I have seen and visited a property in the area of Beaulieu-sur-dordogne and am thinking of buying it. I have two children, one is 8 and the other is 5.
I know that there is a swimming pool and canoe centre in the town but is anybody able to give me details of any other activities in the area, i.e like country parks or forest to visit. My children are very active so I would appreciate any ideas of places to visit or things to do.

Also I am open to any advice on buying a property and suggestions of other towns.

Thanks!!!
The maries office is always a good place to start as most towns put on a lot for children.

Here is yours http://www.beaulieu-sur-dordogne.fr
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:34 am
Just Joined

LizB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I know a bit about Beaulieu. There is a nice play park down by the river, gabare trips (barge boat) in the Summer and a wonderful strawberry festival in early May. As for forests, you have them all around!! But I know towards Sarlat you have an adventure forest, insect place, steam train etc. Towards Rocamadour there is a monkey zoo and a wolf park somewhere too. About 2 hours away you have skiing near Aurillac, with loads of activities during the winter school holidays(luge, husky dogs, bouncy castle, sledging, cable car etc) Horse-riding is popular for children here, too.
Trust me, when its hot, the only thing you'll want is to be near water and obviously there is the pool and many lakes.
Hope this helps!
X
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LizB
Hi there, I know a bit about Beaulieu. There is a nice play park down by the river, gabare trips (barge boat) in the Summer and a wonderful strawberry festival in early May. As for forests, you have them all around!! But I know towards Sarlat you have an adventure forest, insect place, steam train etc. Towards Rocamadour there is a monkey zoo and a wolf park somewhere too. About 2 hours away you have skiing near Aurillac, with loads of activities during the winter school holidays(luge, husky dogs, bouncy castle, sledging, cable car etc) Horse-riding is popular for children here, too.
Trust me, when its hot, the only thing you'll want is to be near water and obviously there is the pool and many lakes.
Hope this helps!
X
Dear LizB

Thanks for info, will prove really helpful!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
The maries office is always a good place to start as most towns put on a lot for children.

Here is yours http://www.beaulieu-sur-dordogne.fr
Will check out Mairies office asap. Had previously checked out link you sent but found it didn't offer too much info on activities - thanks for that anyway.