Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Horses (& dressage) in Poitou-Charentes

Horses (& dressage) in Poitou-Charentes

Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

The Bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Horses (& dressage) in Poitou-Charentes

Hello, we are looking to move to Poitou-Charente with our horses. Could anyone tell us about (or point us in the right direction) keeping horses in this area and also about dressage competitions, training etc. Do hope someone will talk to us thanks in advance
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:28 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Horses (& dressage) in Poitou-Charentes

Hello and welcome

You are sooooooo lucky! I haven't ridden since I got here, we moved from a smallholding to a rented appartment. A place with stables and land is a few renovations away right now, and I haven't plucked up the courage to go to the local stables yet. I used to teach horse riding (BHS style) back home and reached intermediate level in dressage. I wish you were going to live nearer to me, I'm near Laval, in dept 53, but for now I can help you by giving you this site I found - looks like a rundown of qualifiers for last year but it should give some useful names, addresses and numbers.

http://www.cheval-poitoucharentes.com/c_dressagee2.php

Anyway, good luck and if I can help in any other way, just shout
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

The Bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much Jazzy n Lol, that is great, I will explore the links. Do hope you get your horses at home soon :O) also hope there are some really nice people like you where we move to :O)
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

ggmad is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm curious to know how you got on and where you ended up, I'm living in the Charente at the moment and developing two horses with the aim to doing some dressage competitions. The red tape here extends to leisure activities and can drive you mad sometimes.